We believe when it comes to vegan hot dogs, you need choices. That’s why we gave you oven-baked vegan hot dogs. And it’s why today we’re sharing with you Vegan Hot Dogs Done Four Ways. See? Lots of choices. OK. Step aside, world. Here we come!
We’re talking about Vegan Hot Dogs Done Four Ways today. And you know what? You could easily have a Vegan Hot Dog Bar at your next party. Simply grill up some vegan hotdogs and then set out all the ingredients below and let your people mix and mach their own. How fun would that be!
A lot of fun, let me tell you!
So, let’s begin this virtual shindig. First up? The Vegan Tatcho Dog. It had to be done.
Vegan Dog #1: The Vegan Totcho Dog — We start this party out with a grilled vegan hot dog. We place that in a whole wheat hot dog bun, add some cooked mini tater tots, and top it with some delicious vegan cheese. Add some chopped green onions and you’ve got a tasty feast everyone in the family will love!
Tater tots served nacho style on a hot dog!
Vegan Dog #2: Vegan French Onion Dog — Grilled onions and vegan mozzarella are the stars of this tasty feast. Personally, I think I could eat grilled onions on just about everything, but served over a savory grilled vegan hot dog? Well, let’s just say seconds are required.
Vegan Dog #3: Vegan Mac and Cheese Dog — Top your vegan grilled hotdog with some of your favorite vegan macaroni and cheese and sit back and listen to the oohs and ahhs. Who knew tasty could be this easy!!
Vegan Dog #4: Vegan Tex Mex Dog — Add some black beans, corn, chopped green onions and chopped cherry tomatoes for a fresh and tasty topping to your Vegan Hot Dogs!
We began by grilling our LightLife Smart Dogs on the grill. We have two favorite tricks to make these Vegan Dogs the best — be sure to spray the grill with vegetable cooking spray so the dogs won’t stick too much. And then get the grill good and hot, but make sure not to put the vegan dogs over a direct flame. We want to get that tasty, chargrilled taste without too much charring. 🙂
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Vegan Dogs Done Four Ways! We love sharing our recipes, encouraging you to give animal-free a try. It’s way tastier (and even easier) than you could even imagine.
- 1 package of 8 LightLife Smart Dogs
- 1 package 8 dairy-free hot dog buns
- 1 package mini tater tots, cooked according to package directions
- 1 package vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 package vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 2-3 servings Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
- 15 oz can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Spray grill with vegetable cooking spray. Use a fork or tongs to place vegan hot dogs on heated grill and cook 5-10 minutes, turning to brown sides.
- You can also toast your hot dog buns on the grill as well.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with your favorite toppings as described here.
- Vegan Totcho Dogs: Add cooked mini tater tots over your hot dog, and top it with vegan cheddar cheese shreds and chopped green onions.
- Vegan French Onion Dog — Pour about 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-to-medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions and cook until caramelized. Spread grilled onions and vegan mozzarella over hot dogs. You may want to heat the hot dogs in a toaster oven to get the cheese to melt.
- Vegan Mac and Cheese Dog — Top your vegan hot dog with your favorite Mac and Cheese. It really is a delicious combination!
- Vegan Tex Mex Dog — Add some seasoned black beans, corn, chopped green onions and chopped tomatoes for a fresh and tasty topping to your Vegan Hot Dog. Bonus topping? How about some freshly sliced avocado or guacamole?
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but LightLife did provide me with a sampling of products for review. I partnered with LightLife to bring you some of my favorite meat-free recipes. All opinions are entirely my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make Namely Marly possible!