Why does life have to be so complicated? Don’t you want to know? I mean, why do I have to punch in my 335-digit account number only to have the service rep ask me to repeat said account number when she gets on the line? Hmm? Things like this always baffle me. It’s why we need the simplicity of a thing like Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Dip in our lives. At least that’s my story…and I’m sticking to it!
Have you ever thought about the word Dip? I’m not saying you should, but then again, it is an interesting word.
If your husband does that to you, it’s kind of romantic. Unless he drops you, which is no fun at all.
If you’re around someone acting like one, it can be a drag.
If you don’t eat right, your energy can take one in the afternoon.
If you’re skinny, it’s fun to take one in a body of water. Oh, who am I kidding, it’s fun whether you’re skinny or not!
When it’s prepared right, they can be mighty, mighty delicious.
Yep. Dip is definitely an interesting word.
That’s right. In the dead of winter I happen to have fresh oregano leaves. That’s because I have a little oregano plant growing in the house. Thanks to Shawn’s mom, Diane, I actually haven’t killed it yet.
I’m pretty proud of myself for that. Come to find out, plants like water. Go figure!
What I Love About This Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Dip
I know a lot of people think vegan food is either a) really difficult to make…or 2) not very tasty…or thirdly, some combination of the two.
This recipe blows all those theories out of the water! I mean, seriously, what could be tastier than a pepperoni pizza dip? And with only FIVE ingredients, this dip is SO easy to make. Within twenty minutes or so, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
So, this dish has it all. It’s super easy to make. It’s super tasty to eat. And it’s even colorful too — who doesn’t appreciate a little splash of red and green color on the dinner palate?
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Do you know what would make me happier than a rabbit in a cabbage patch? If you’d give this recipe a try and share a photo of it with #NamelyMarly on Twitter or Instagram. It’d make my day!
- Heat your oven to 375F.
- Spread softened vegan cream cheese in the bottom of a pie pan, spreading it across the bottom to create a nice, even base layer.
- Spread the oregano leaves (or sprinkle dried oregano) over the top of the vegan cream cheese.
- Next, pour the pizza sauce over the top and distribute evenly across the dish. Top with shredded vegan cheese. Finally, distribute the pepperoni slices as the final layer.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with bread slices, crackers, or pita. I've even spread this dip over the top of my veggie burgers to make an impromptu Veggie Burger Parmesan sandwich. Yum!
There are lots of non-vegetarian versions of this recipe that gave me inspiration for this vegan version. Check out the links below for those and other dips as well:
- Thanks to Aimee for her inspiring Pepperoni Pizza Dip on Shugary Sweets.
- Mostly Raw Vegan Pizza Dip by Save the Kales. Love this site!
- Oven-Baked Pizza Dip by Keeping it Kind.
- For something a little different, check out this Vegan Queso Dip by yours truly!
Whatever dip you’re chomping on, enjoy!