This delicious and healthy Applesauce Muffins Recipe is easy to make and oh-so-tasty! If you’re looking for the best easy apple muffin recipe, this is the one for you! Easy healthy muffins recipes can be delicious and fun to make with minimal ingredients and lots of flavor!
A delicious way to start out any day should include oatmeal Applesauce Muffins as part of breakfast. I would say “part of a complete breakfast” but that’s so cliche! I’ll just stick with delicious.
I knew when I set out to make these, I wanted my applesauce muffins healthy! That’s one reason I used whole wheat pastry flour for added fiber!
How to Make Applesauce Muffins
It’s easy to make recipes for Applesauce Muffins! Begin with heating your oven to 350F degrees and lightly coat the muffin pan with cooking spray or paper liners.
In a large bowl mix together the applesauce, sugar, oil, ground flax seeds and soymilk.
Note: This apple muffins with applesauce uses unsweetened applesauce!
In a separate, bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add pecans and applesauce mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
Note: Use gluten free flour to make gluten free applesauce muffins. I love using Bob Red’s Mill 1:1 gluten free baking flour.
Drop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling them until about 2/3 full.
Bake for approximately 20 -25 minutes. Insert a tester into one of the muffins to see if it comes out clean. The edges of the top of the muffins should be golden brown.
New to Vegan Baking?
The idea of making cookies, cakes or muffins without eggs or dairy can seem like a hill too tall to climb! But with the simple tips in my Guide to Vegan Baking, you’ll be baking like a vegan pro in no time!
Cupcakes vs. Muffins
In reality, this Applesauce Muffin recipe is a source of conflict for me. They seem to push the boundaries between muffins and cupcakes.
I was in a dilemma. What should I call this recipe? Easy Applesauce Muffins or Applesauce Cupcakes?
So I went to Wikipedia to do a little research.
Here’s what I found.
- Generally fit into the palm of an adult hand
- Meant to be eaten in one sitting (or one bite…whatever you prefer)
- Similar in shape to cupcakes but generally not as sweet and generally do not have icing (whoops!)
- Designed to serve one person
- Usually baked in a small, thin paper
- Usually has frosting and sprinkles
Obviously I think names are really important but this is one time where I’d like to go on the record as saying the name doesn’t really matter. Not at all! I’ve seen some cupcakes without icing and some muffins that do.
And that’s the beautiful thing about these best Applesauce Muffins, you can eat them just about any time…night or day!
More Vegan Muffins
If you love these apple sauce muffins, be sure to check these other healthy breakfast muffin recipes too:
- These Vegan Blueberry Muffins are the best!
- Make a double batch of these Vegan Banana Muffins because that streusel topping is too good!
- You’ll love these tasty Coffee Cake Muffins, complete with a crumble topping!
- These Peanut Butter Muffins taste like a peanut butter cookie in muffin form!
- Of course, you’ll want to make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins because they’re both beautiful and delicious!
You May Also Like
For more vegan apple recipes, be sure and try my Vegan Apple Pie recipe. If you love deep dish apple pie with a buttery crust, that is the one for you! Also, my Vegan Apple Crisp is simply divine! For something completely simple and delicious, this Baked Apple Slices recipe is the best!
That’s it for these cinnamon applesauce muffins!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons rolled oats (optional: for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a muffin pan with cooking spray or paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the applesauce, sugar, oil, ground flax seeds and soymilk.
- In a separate, bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Optional: Add pecans to the flour mixture. Next, add applesauce mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling them about 2/3 full. Optional: Add a few raw oats to the top of each muffin for decoration.
- Bake for approximately 20 -25 minutes. Insert a tester into one of the muffins to see if it comes out clean. The edges of the top of the muffins should be golden brown.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.