Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe creates a delicious, creamy, healthy dessert. Stuffed Strawberries is an elegant presentation of a low-carb keto dessert recipe. Cheesecake Strawberries are a perfect summer dessert recipe but can be served any time of year. Vegan Stuffed Strawberries are made using a vegan cream cheese filling.
Sometimes life can bring you unexpected surprises like today’s recipe for Cashew Cream Stuffed Strawberries.
I recently listened to an interview with Dr. Robert Lustig, a pediatric endocrinologist at UC San Francisco. An endocrinologist is a doctor that specializes in the endocrine system. Specifically, endocrine systems involve hormones, including the secretion of hormones that impact things like metabolism. One of the flagship diseases dealt with by endocrinologists is diabetes.
The crux of Dr. Lustig’s discussion focused on sugar. Oh sugar. It’s been a lifelong passion of mine! Dr. Lustig recommended reduced refined sugars as part of a healthier lifestyle.
It caused me to ponder — what sweet things could I have in my life that doesn’t include that white, refined stuff? I’ve even created a category of Low Sugar Vegan Recipes and some Vegan Keto recipes too!
Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
This easy dessert is a perfect recipe for people on a vegan keto diet because strawberries are naturally low in carbs.
Each cheesecake stuffed strawberry offers the following estimated nutritional information:
Calories: 66 Carbs: 5g Protein: 2g Fat: 5g Fiber: 1g Net Carbs: 4g
How to Make Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
The first step to making stuffed strawberries is to remove the stem off of 20 washed strawberries.
Step One: Prepare the Strawberries:
Simply cut off the stem end, and then carve inside of the strawberry to leave a little cavity. That’s the space that you’ll “stuff” with the vegan cream cheese filling.
In addition, cut off a little bit of the other end of the strawberry to create a flat surface for it to sit upright.
Step Two: Create the Vegan Cream Cheese Filling
To create the vegan cream cheese filling, add soaked cashews along with melted coconut oil, in a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse until the cashews are broken down into bits.
Next, add a little bit of water, stevia, lime juice, and vanilla extract. Pulse again until everything is combined. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse again. You want this cream to be nice and creamy so this might take up to a minute of pulsing.
Step Three: Stuff the Strawberries
Use a spatula or spoon to scoop the vegan cream cheese into the center of each strawberry.
Step Four: Sprinkle with Topping
Finally, chop some almonds into fine bits and add some ground flaxseed. Alternatively you can add graham cracker crumbs, but I’m trying to stick with the gluten-free low sugar route so minced almonds work perfectly here.
Love Strawberry Desserts?
Do you love vegan strawberry dessert recipes? Be sure to give these a try:
- This Vegan Strawberry Cake is seriously the best cake recipe ever!
- Of course, Vegan Strawberry Shortcake features a homemade shortcake topped with Coconut Whipped Cream and fresh strawberries
- Here’s some Frozen Chocolate Strawberry Bites that are delicious
- Vegan Strawberry Banana Bread is an amazing banana bread recipe infused with strawberries
- Serve fresh strawberries over this amazing Vegan Cheesecake!
- Here’s over 40 Vegan Strawberry recipes that you’ll love!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Cashew Cream Cheese Filled Strawberries
- 20 Strawberries
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in water
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- Wash the strawberries, cut off the stems and create a little divot in the middle to allow room for the cream cheese filling. Set aside. You can prepare only one carton of strawberries if you like. It means you'll have some cashew cream leftover, but there's plenty of things to do with that. For example, spread it on a cracker, or use it as a dip for a banana and apple slices. Add some chocolate syrup and serve it like a pudding. Plop a dollop of it on top of a cup of hot soup.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews. Pat them dry with a paper towel. Add cashews and melted coconut oil to a food processor. Pulse until the cashews are broken down into bits. Add water, stevia, lime juice, and vanilla. Pulse for several seconds. Use a spatula to push down any ingredients on e sidthe of the bowl. Repeat that process several times until the mixture becomes creamy. Pulse the cashew cream for up to a minute in the food processor.
- Use a spatula to spoon the cashew cream into the hulled strawberries, one at a time.
- Combine almond flour with the ground flaxseed to create a crispy topping to sprinkle over the top of the stuffed strawberries.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.