I was kind of a picky eater as a child. There were a lot of foods I didn’t like, but I did like Chicken Noodle Soup. I especially liked it when my mom would make chicken and dumpling soup. I thought those days were behind me until I decided to create an easy vegan chicken noodle soup Recipe. It’s amazing!
The Best Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
Because I use a vegan chicken product that doesn’t require any pre-cooking, this is probably one of the easiest homemade noodle soup recipes you’ll find! Prepare the broth, cook the carrots, and then add the noodles and the vegan chicken pieces. You’re ready for a wholesome bowl of goodness in no time.
Here are options for egg-free noodles.
- Always Save wide noodles are egg-free.
- Walmart’s Good Value wide noodles are egg-free.
- Spaghetti noodles broken into smaller pieces.
- Lasagna noodles (that are typically egg-free), broken into smaller pieces.
Brands change their recipes sometimes, so always double-check the labels.
These are recommendations for the protein part of your soup:
- Gardein Chick’n Scallopini — cut into bite-size pieces
- Gardein Chick’n Teriyaki — cut into bite-size pieces (reserve the sauce packet for a different meal)
- Vegan Chicken — cut into pieces
- Chickpeas — Add 1/2 cup to the broth.
You can also leave the protein out altogether.
- Add cooked brown rice in place of the noodles to make this gluten-free.
- Sprinkle some vegan parmesan nut cheese over the top.
Serve vegan chicken noodle soup with:
- Crackers, like vegan cheez-its
- Vegan dinner rolls
- Vegan Cornbread
- Whole wheat artisan bread
- Vegan naan bread.
Just made this and used brown rice pasta with it. It was so good and had so much flavor. I think I used extra poultry seasoning. I don’t measure. Everyone in the house loved it!!!! Would definitely make again!
I was surprised at how good this was. We are looking for more vegan options for the for our wedding services company. This will be a great dish to add to our repiroire. There have definitely been more requests for vegan food the last 3-4 years.
More Vegan Soups to Try
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable broth*
- 1 cup frozen vegan chicken pieces chopped**
- 1 ½ cups egg-free wide noodles***
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add the sliced carrots with a little bit of water. Cover and cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, chopped onion, and chopped celery. Cook until just tender.
- Add the vegetable broth, vegan chopped chicken pieces, and noodles. Once the carrots are cool enough to handle, add the cooked carrots (including the liquid it was cooked in). Sprinkle the top with the Italian seasoning and add the bay leaf.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, about 10 to 15 minutes.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.