I was kind of a picky eater as a child. There were a lot of foods I didn’t like, but I did like Chicken Noodle Soup. I especially liked it when my mom would make chicken and dumpling soup. I thought those days were behind me until I decided to create an easy vegan chicken noodle soup Recipe. It’s amazing!
The Best Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
It was pretty easy just pouring the soup from a can, adding a little water, and then heating to serve. I mean, if we’re using the word “easy” here, that’s tough to compete with. But this vegan chicken noodle soup recipe is pretty darn close.
Because I use a vegan chicken product that doesn’t require any pre-cooking, this is probably one of the easiest homemade noodle soup recipes you’ll find! All you have to do is prepare the broth, cook the carrots, and then add the noodles and the vegan chicken pieces. A few minutes later and you’re ready to sit down to a wholesome bowl of goodness.
And ’tis the season to be enjoying a nice bowl of soup. I don’t know what it is, but soup is probably the healthiest comfort food there is. We eat it for dinner and lunch. I haven’t tried it yet for breakfast, but I could totally see that working!
Some people have asked so I thought I would share with you how I find egg-free noodles.
- Always Save wide noodles are egg-free.
- Walmart’s Good Value wide noodles are egg-free.
- Spaghetti noodles broken into smaller pieces.
- Lasagna noodles (that are typically egg-free), broken into smaller pieces.
Brands change their recipes sometimes, so always double-check the labels.
Vegan Chicken Soup
These are recommendations for the protein part of your vegan chicken soup:
- Gardein Chick’n Scallopini — cut into bite-size pieces
- Gardein Chick’n Teriyaki — cut into bite-size pieces (reserve the sauce packet for a different meal)
- Vegan Chicken — cut into pieces
- Chickpeas — Add 1/2 cup to the broth.
You can also leave the protein out altogether.
I love to encourage people to play with their food, AKA adapt a recipe. I do it all the time. In fact, here are some ideas I’d love to try to change this vegetarian chicken noodle soup recipe a little:
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable broth*
- 1 cup frozen vegan chicken pieces chopped**
- 1½ cups egg-free wide noodles***
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add the sliced carrots with a little bit of water. Cover and cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, chopped onion, and chopped celery. Cook until just tender.
- Add the vegetable broth, vegan chopped chicken pieces, and noodles. Once the carrots are cool enough to handle, add the cooked carrots (including the liquid it was cooked in). Sprinkle the top with the Italian seasoning and add the bay leaf.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, about 10 to 15 minutes.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.