I was kind of a picky eater as a child — didn’t like tomatoes, didn’t like beets, didn’t like broccoli. Should I go on? No? Ok. Well, there were a lot of foods I didn’t like, but I did like Chicken Noodle Soup. I especially liked it when my mom would make chicken and dumpling soup. I thought those days were behind me until I decided the other day to make this easy vegan chicken noodle soup recipe. If you’re into hearty vegan soups, you’ll love my Vegan Beef Stew or my Vegan Taco Soup.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
It was pretty easy just pouring the soup from a can, adding a little water, and then heating to serve. I mean, if we’re using the word “easy” here, that’s tough to compete with. But this vegan chicken noodle soup recipe is pretty darn close.
Because I use a vegan chicken product that doesn’t require any pre-cooking, this is probably one of the easiest homemade noodle soup recipes you’ll find! All you have to do is prepare the broth, cook the carrots and then add the noodles and the vegan chicken pieces. A few minutes later and you’re ready to sit down to a wholesome bowl of goodness!
And tis the season to be enjoying a nice bowl of soup. I don’t know what it is, but soup is probably the healthiest comfort food there is. We eat it for dinner and lunch. I haven’t tried it yet for breakfast, but I could totally see that working!
Egg Free Noodles
Some people have asked so I thought I would share with you how I find egg-free noodles. Our local grocery store carries a brand called Always Save and they have a wide noodle that is egg-free. In addition, Walmart’s brand of wide noodles Good Value, is also egg-free.
Of course, these things can change. Brands change their recipes from time-to-time, so I always recommend double checking by reading labels. If I were in a pinch, I could also see cooking up some egg-free lasagna pieces, and cutting those into pieces and using in this soup. I’m from a very small town so I’m used to improvising!
Playing with Your Food
I love to encourage people to play with their food, aka adapt a recipe. I do it all the time. In fact, here are some ideas I’d love to try to change this vegetarian chicken noodle soup recipe a little:
- Add some cooked brown rice in place of the noodles to make this gluten-free
- How about adding some chopped cooked potatoes to the pot?
- Serve with warm vegan naan bread
- Sprinkle some vegan parmesan nut cheese over the top
Go on. Have some fun! Play with your food and adapt this recipe. Be sure to serve this vegan chicken noodle soup with crackers, dinner rolls, or even some yummy Vegan Cornbread. It’s all so good on a winter’s night!
We hope you love this recipe for Easy Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 – 5 cups vegetable broth*
- 1 cup frozen vegan chicken pieces chopped**
- 1½ cups egg-free wide noodles***
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, add the sliced carrots with a little bit of water. Cover and cook in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, chopped onion, and chopped celery. Cook until just tender.
- Add the vegetable broth, vegan chopped chicken pieces, and noodles. Once the carrots are cool enough to handle, add the cooked carrots (including the liquid it was cooked in). Sprinkle the top with the Italian seasoning and add the bay leaf.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, about 10 – 15 minutes.
If you’re into vegetarian or vegan noodle soup recipes, check these recipes out:
- Classic Noodle Soup by the Vegan 8
- Tofu Noodle Soup by I Love Vegan
- Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup by Oh My Veggies
- Vegan Minestrone by me, myself, and me!
Whatever vegan soup bowl you’re slurping from, enjoy!