I’m continuing my obsession with super easy vegan recipes with today’s Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. Truth be told, I needed a super easy pie recipe that required minimal ingredients for my Easy Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner made with only 10 Products post from last week. It took me several tries to create a vegan pie with minimal ingredients, but it was well worth the effort. Hey, if you love vegan pie as much as we do, you definitely want to check out my recipe for Vegan Banana Cream Pie or Vegan Coconut Meringue Pie.
Pies are kind of my thing, if you haven’t noticed. And like Michelle Obama says, when they go low, we go pie.
She said that. Right?
Well, all I know is pie may not solve all the world’s problems, but it is a great way to make everyday life a little better, especially when it’s vegan!
Why You’ll Love Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
As I said before, I wanted to create a pie made with minimal ingredients with a huge focus a super easy process of making the pie. Because sometimes people think vegan is hard.
Well, it can be hard, but it’s not only hard. There are ways to live and eat as an easy vegan.
Being vegan can be hard, but it’s not only hard. There are ways to live and eat as an easy vegan. — Marly
When you eat this pie, you are saving the planet.
Oh, actually, that’s not true. Because the planet is going to be fine, whether we’re here to enjoy it or not. So, let me try this again: when you eat this pie, you’re saving the environment that makes it possible for humans to survive.
OK. Now I get why people say, ‘save the planet.’
Look, a vegan diet has a huge impact on the environment. Huge. The article in that link states, “the widespread adoption of vegetarian and vegan diets could save millions of lives and trillion of dollars.”
So, make this easy vegan chocolate peanut butter pie and do your part to save the planet. There. I said it.
How to Play Around with this Recipe
To me, a recipe is merely a suggestion. I borrowed that line from one of my favorite movies Under the Tuscan Sun. Anyway, when I look at a recipe (including my own), I immediately start thinking of ways I could change it. Here are ideas for changing this easy vegan chocolate peanut butter pie recipe:
- Try a graham cracker crust instead of the chocolate
- Top with chopped roasted peanuts
- Use almond or cashew butter instead of peanut butter
- This would be great with some vegan caramel drizzled over the top
- Use a vanilla-flavored pudding to make a peanut butter filling with a chocolate crust
I love serving this easy vegan chocolate peanut butter pie with vegan coconut whipped cream. You can also buy vegan whipped cream at health food stores and most grocery stores. See the recipe notes below for more information on that.
We hope you love this Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 5.1 oz box of Chocolate Cook n Serve Jell-O Pudding*
- 2 cups plant-based milk vanilla or plain
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla if using plain plant-based milk
- 1 Nabisco Oreo Pie Crust*
- Vegan Whipped Cream optional
- Pour the pudding mix into a saucepan. Add the plant-based milk and stir to combine. Turn the heat up to medium and bring this mixture to a light boil. Stirring frequently.** Reduce heat and continue cooking and stirring until the pudding becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the peanut butter and vanilla (if usinand stir until combined. If this mixture is too thick for your liking, add a little bit more plant-based milk.
- Allow it to cool slightly and then pour into the prepared pie crust, using a spatula to get all the pudding into the pie equally distributed.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two (or overnighbefore serving.
- Serve with dollops of vegan whipped cream (optional).
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Finally, if you’re into fun vegan potato recipes, check these out:
- Vegan Oreo Peanut Butter Pie by Crazy Vegan Kitchen
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie by Chocolate Covered Katie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse Pie with Chocolate by Vegan Family Recipes
- Oh, and check out this crazy good Vegan Meringue Chocolate Pie by yours truly!
Whatever vegan pie you’re slicing, enjoy!