To go along with Easy Vegan Strawberry Cake and Easy Vegan Vanilla Cake, now I’m introducing Easy Vegan Chili. I know, one of these things is not like the other. Chili doesn’t fit in the same category as cake, but hopefully you’ll at least agree that it’s easy. That was my goal. Busy days can translate into less time for cooking. That means having a few simple and fast recipes are in order. Besides, I like to show off the versatility of vegan eats. Delicious, affordable, and now…even easy. What else could we ask for?
Well, I could ask for one more thing…one more adjective I’d like to throw in the vegan hat. Convenient. Veganism and convenience have been at odds with each for quite a long time. Kind of like me and my mom.
But time has a way of working things out, and I’m happy to report that it’s now possible to be conveniently vegan. Don’t those two words look so nice together? Also, kind of like me and my mom.
There are so many more products on the market today that are intentionally vegan…and quite a bit more that are what I like to refer as “accidentally vegan.”
I appreciate both versions and include them in my cornucopia of recipes.
There are times when you want to spend the day in the kitchen, fiddling over each recipe with care. But then there are other days when family are in town, your kid has a concert, and you haven’t had a moment to catch yourself coming or going. Those are the days when easy recipes rule. That’s what Easy Vegan Chili is all about.
How to Make Easy Vegan Chili
Use these ingredients to make easy vegan chili:
- Chili Starter
- 1 can Vegetarian Chili*
- canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- canned stewed tomatoes
- frozen corn
*Amy’s offers vegetarian chili which is also vegan.
Follow these steps:
Combine all ingredients in a cooking pot and stir over medium heat until it comes to a simmering boil, then reduce heat to low and allow it to continue to cook for 20 – 30 minutes (or longer if you have the time).
Serve warm with cornbread, crackers, or your favorite crusty bread.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Easy Vegan Chili
- 15 oz can chili starter (I used Bush’s Best Chili Starter)
- 15 oz can vegetarian chili* check the label but these are usually vegan too
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a cooking pot and stir over medium heat until it comes to a simmering boil, then reduce heat to low and allow it to continue to cook for 20 – 30 minutes (or longer if you have the time).
- Serve warm with cornbread, crackers, or your favorite crusty bread.
See? Wasn’t that easy? Enjoy!