I’m sitting here right now sipping this Green Tea Hibiscus Fruit Punch and wishing you were having a glass of it too. Why? Because not only does it taste so good, it’s teeming with uber healthy ingredients that I want you to have. I feel like I have all this healthiness to share – come join me!
I have spent more than a few days feeling tired all day long. Don’t you just hate those days? But if tiredness were a poison found in a common, but dangerous SAD Snake (this is a fictional snake, concocted from my imagination and representative of the “standard American diet”), then I’ve found an anti-venom. Since the beginning of the new year I’ve committed to drinking green tea every day. It’s truly the antidote to what ails you.
Not to say I haven’t had my bad days. But the good days are better and the bad days are not as bad as the worst ones.
I feel like a script writer for Bilbo Baggins or something.
What I Love About This Green Tea Hibiscus Fruit Punch
I love feeling great and this Green Tea Hibiscus Fruit Punch is now a part of my daily routine to make that happen. That’s right. I drink a little bit of this fruit punch daily. And it makes such a difference.
Here’s the deal. Hibiscus offers nutrients, like Vitamin C. That means every sip is helping your body fight off the bad juju in your life. I know, that’s highly technical.
Throw in some green tea and now you’re adding flavanoid phytonutrients to your day as well. I love green tea on it’s own, but adding a little hibiscus and mint to the mix makes for a great variety of flavors.
This fruit punch is refreshing, minty, energizing, and absolutely perfect for the coming days of spring and summer!
I hope you love this fruit punch as much as we do! Try it with and without the mint to mix things up a bit. Also, you can add a second hibiscus tea bag for added flavor if you’d like. It’s a fun recipe to play around with. And speaking of playing, if you try this recipe I’d love it if you take a photo and share it with me using #namelymarly via Instagram. Wouldn’t that be so fun!?
Green Tea Hibiscus Fruit Punch
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 green tea bag I used Kirkland Japanese Green Tea
- 1 hibiscus herbal tea bag I used Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger
- 1 mint tea bag I used Bigelow Mint Medley
- Stevia Sweetener or Stevia Sweetener to taste
- Lemon slices and frozen fruit such as blueberries
- Heat the water in a sauce pan over medium heat, until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags, allow to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the mixture to cool before pouring into a pitcher. Add sweetener and stir to combine. Add ice, lemon slices, and frozen fruit.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Here are some other healthy drink recipes you should try:
- Homemade Real Fruit Punch via Heather’s Dish.
- Healthy Fruit Punch Popsicles by Jeanette’s Healthy Living. Smells like summer!
Whatever punch or tea you’re sipping, enjoy!