Pineapple Agua Fresca
This pineapple agua Fresca is everything when you’re looking for a refreshing beverage and it’s made with only seven ingredients. Whether it be the hot days of summer or any time of year, this beverage is lightly sweetened and makes a perfect drink.
What is an Agua Fresca?
An agua fresca is a refreshingly light beverage usually served without alcohol. Originating in Mexico, this drink is typically made from the juice of fresh fruit, sugar, and a citrus juice like lime. You can serve the concentrate with or without carbonated water.
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- Using a fresh pineapple creates the most amazing flavor for this agua fresca
- Adding maple syrup keeps this drink healthy and delicious
- Lime juice brightens the flavor, creating a perfect summer beverage.
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Fresh pineapple — Once you know how to Cut Pineapple, this recipe is a breeze!
- Maple syrup — You can use maple syrup or substitute 2 to 3 teaspoons of Stevia or monk fruit for no added sugars.
- Club soda — When it comes time for serving, I highly recommend adding bubbles with some seltzer water, club soda, or any bubbly flavored water.
- Ice cubes — If your beverage is already chilled, ice becomes purely optional. But if you’re like me, ice is never optional in the hot summer months.
How to Make This Recipe
- Add pineapple, 1 cup of water and lime juice to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a fine mesh strainer and pour the remaining juice into a pitcher.
- Discard the pineapple pulp or reserve it for a Pineapple Smoothie or to freeze it to make Pineapple Nice Cream.
- Stir in remaining water and maple syrup to the pineapple juice.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Pour the pineapple concentrate over ice until the glass is about halfway filled.
- Fill the glass to the top with club soda and add mint sprigs for decoration and flavor.
Pineapple Water Benefits
You can expect a variety of health benefits from this drink, including Vitamin C. Studies have shown that pineapple may have an impact on reduced inflammation, improved immunity, and improved digestion. [Source.]
Can you use canned pineapple juice to make an Agua Fresca?
You can substitute canned pineapple juice if you don’t have fresh pineapple readily available.
How long does Agua Fresca keep in the fridge?
You can expect this pineapple concentrate to keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
A glass of agua fresca is refreshing on its own, however, you can serve it with some tasty appetizers, such as:
Transfer any leftovers to an airtight container such as a pitcher with a lid or a mason jar. Store it in the fridge where it will keep up to 3 to 4 days. It can be frozen in freezer-safe containers for up to 2 months.
Vegan Beverage Favorites
This pineapple Agua Fresca is so refreshing. Here are more tasty and refreshing beverages to try:
Pineapple Agua Fresca
Pineapple Juice Concentrate
- 5 cups fresh pineapple
- 5 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (subsitute 2 to 3 Stevia packets)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup club soda (or any bubbly flavored water)
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Add pineapple, 1 cup of water and lime juice to a food processor or blender. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Pour this into a fine mesh strainer and pour the remaining juice into a pitcher. Discard the pineapple pulp or reserve it for a smoothie or to freeze it to make pineapple nice cream.
- Add remaining water and maple syrup to the pineapple juice. Stir until it's combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour until time to serve.
- Add ice and sparkling water before serving. Garnish with pineapple chunks, lime slices, and mint leaves.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.