This delicious Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is easy to make and yields a moist bread with a crispy top crust. This Strawberry bread recipe is an amazing adaptation of the standard banana bread recipe, because the flavors work so well together. Think of it this way: this is an egg-free, dairy-free recipe that uses bananas as an egg replacer. See my tips for making this a healthy quick bread recipe!
Wondering what to do with those delicious strawberries you found on sale at the supermarket? And I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for recipes to use up bananas!
This vegan Strawberry Banana Bread is a tasty idea to solve both dilemmas!
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
This is technically a strawberry quick bread which means it’s easy to make. The thing that takes the longest is the baking, which is no problem for you, the baker.
In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir together and set aside.
In a food processor add sliced banana, coconut oil, coconut sugar, ground flaxseed, cornstarch, water, and vegan sour cream. Pulse until smooth (or leave some banana texture, whichever is your preference).
Fold most of the chopped strawberries into the flour mixture (leave some slices to place on top of the loaf. Gently stir to coat the strawberries. Then add the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan, top the batter with sliced strawberries, and bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
When the bread is done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool before slicing.
Use these tips and tricks to make this vegan strawberry banana bread loaf perfect every time:
- This recipe calls for vegan butter — I used Earth Balance
- To soften the butter, leave it on the counter for about 30 minutes
- Adding strawberries to this recipe is more than flavorful, strawberries are healthy too! Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C, Manganese and even some fiber to sweeten the deal.
- Always wash strawberries before baking with them
- I call for using a food processor with the banana mixture. If you prefer some banana texture in your bread, you can hand mash bananas or simply pulse a few times, leaving some banana bits
- Transform the batter into strawberry banana muffins by pouring it into muffin pans lined with papers. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add some lemon zest for added lemon flavor
- This is a vegan quick bread recipe, meaning there is no dairy or eggs. The banana is replacing the roll of eggs in this recipe.
- I used coconut sugar in this recipe, but you can use brown sugar too
- If you want to make this into a processed sugar free strawberry banana bread, substitute Swerve or another zero calorie sweetener in place of sugar. Note: there will still be sugars in this recipe because of the fruit, but no added processed sugars.
- Use a tester and insert it in the bread before removing it from the oven. It should come out clean and then you’ll know the bread is done
- Be sure and allow the bread time to cool before slicing it, as it will be crumbly at first but will solidify as it cools
- Store this quick loaf in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- I recommend serving individual slices either cold or heated in a toaster oven.
Do you love Strawberry Recipes?
If you love strawberry recipes, check out my Vegan Strawberry Cake. It is truly the best strawberry cake…it just happens to be vegan too! We love this Vegan Strawberry Shortcake recipe because it combines fresh strawberries with a delicious shortbread biscuit.
For more banana recipes, be sure and try these Frosted Banana Cookies. It’s the perfect balance of banana and peanut butter! You’ll also love these Vegan Chocolate Banana Brownies! It’s a healthy recipe with lots of chocolate and banana flavors!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas sliced
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ cup vegan sour cream or silken tofu combined with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- Heat your oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a food processor add the bananas, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, flax, cornstarch, water, and sour cream. Pulse until smooth and creamy. (See note)
- Fold the chopped strawberries into the flour mixture, reserving a few slices for the top of the bread. Stir until the strawberries are coated. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a the crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the bread to sit for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing.
- To store, allow the bread to cool completely and then store in a sealed container in the fridge up to 7 days. You can freeze this bread by placing individual slices on a tray in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. They will keep up to 2 months in the freezer.