These Three Ingredient Brownies are so easy to make, and healthy thanks to an added secret ingredient. Just stir together, put it in the oven, and wait for the delicious aroma to fill your kitchen! And if you love vegan brownies as much as I do, you’ll definitely want to check out my Vegan Fudgy Black Bean Brownies. Oh yes! Or how about my Vegan Coconut Magic Brownie Bars? Now, we’re talking!
Do you know the technical definition of 3G?
Neither do I, but I do know that 3G is supposed to mean faster, fuller, and fabulous. That’s what this recipe is all about too.
My friend Elle told me recently that she liked my site, but that I had branched into some complex recipes lately.
“If it’s got more than 5 ingredients, I’m not touching it!”
I know she was exaggerating a little (right, Elle?), but I took her words to heart.
Elle’s one of those super busy women that doesn’t have time for a lot of cooking. But she does take time to read my site! Ah, she’s so sweet.
Elle’s not the kind of person to give critiques without a solution, so she shared with me a fabulous recipe for brownies with only three ingredients.
Well, actually, Elle’s recipe had only two ingredients, but my daughter and I agreed that it needed chocolate chips. What are brownies without chocolate chips!
And then we called them 3G to make it fun. Everyone (including brownies) wants a fun name. It’s a term of endearment and these brownies are definitely very endearing!
I added frosting to some of these. It seems I can’t help myself from adding ingredients. But just so you know, they’re great either way!
In honor of Elle, here’s a fast recipe for delicious and easy-to-make (and vegan to boot) brownies.
We hope you love this recipe for Three Ingredient Brownies as much as we do! If you decide to take a crack at it, go ahead and take a shot and use #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Three Ingredient Brownies
- 1 Chocolate cake mix or Brownie Mix , (see notes)
- 15 oz Can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Dairy-free Chocolate Chips
- Heat your oven to 375. Spray a 9" square cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the cake or brownie mix into a bowl. Add the pumpkin puree. Stir these two together until combined. Feel free to add a tablespoon or two of water if that provides a better consistency.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the brownies are done. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving warm.