Hey everyone! Today I’ve got something special for you. This is a post by my daughter, Adee. She’s home for the summer and working with me on the blog. She’s also been spending a lot of time in the kitchen over the last year, and we thought it would be nice for her to share one of her favorite go-to college life vegan recipes — Two Easy Vegan Pizzas Under 15 Dollars. Take it away, Adee!
As a kid in college, the money is always low and the hunger is always high. The cafeteria is rarely open when I have my true hankerings, and I guarantee that vegan pizza wouldn’t be on the menu anyways.
So, what can a girl do with $20 to her name, a hunger so strong it could lift a truck, and no vegan pizza in sight? Option number one: do the smart thing and wait until breakfast. But where’s the fun in that? What college kid is thinking about the smart thing to do, ever? It’s not like I go there to get smart or anything…
Option number two: make Two Easy Vegan Pizzas for under $15 and still have $5 leftover for dessert!
In all seriousness, this is a great recipe for any person, not just vegans.
So many people complain that veganism is too expensive or too complicated, but this recipe for Two Easy Vegan Pizzas Under 15 Dollars puts both of these statements to rest. It’s cheap, it’s easy, and sooooo yummy! People. If I can be vegan in college with no money and no true kitchen of my own, A MONKEY CAN.
My mom, (AKA the amazing NamelyMarly) sent me with one of these “pizza kits” when I went off to dorm life, for when I was missing home or just plain hungry.
I loved this recipe so much that I ended up making it more times than I’d like to admit, adding variations here and there to change it up. A couple of times, my friends and I would gather in the dorm’s community kitchen and make this recipe to share.
It made for fun times and great leftovers!
So the next time you have a hankering for some easy vegan pizza, definitely try this recipe. Maybe if you’re not too hungry, you could even share!
Two Easy Vegan Pizzas Under $15
If you’re wondering how we can say two easy vegan pizzas under 15 dollars, here’s a breakdown of our costs for the pizza pictured in this post:
- A package of two Mamma Mary’s Pizza crusts: $4.25
- Marinara sauce: $2.31
- One package vegan mozzarella shreds: $4.99
- Toppings (sliced onions, cherry tomatoes, and basil): ~$3.25
- See? That’s two pizzas for right around $15. Of course, you can add more toppings like veggie crumbles or vegan pepperoni if you’d like. These are all some of our favorites.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you decide to give it a try, take a photo and send your picture on Instagram using #namelymarly to @namelymarly or to me at @celladele – we love seeing your photos!
- Mamma Mary's pizza crusts package of two
- one jar pizza or marinara sauce
- one package vegan mozzarella shreds
- toppings of your choice veggie crumbles, basil, tomatoes, onion, spinach, or any vegetable!
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Take pizza crusts out of packaging and place on pizza pan or baking sheet.
Spread a layer (your preference of thickness) of pizza or marinara sauce over each crust.
Evenly add toppings of your choice over the sauce.
Sprinkle vegan mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake both pizzas for 20 minutes.
Take pizzas out of oven, let cool.
Add basil leaves, slice and serve while warm, but it's pretty good right out the fridge the next day too.
If you’d like to check out some other vegan pizza recipes, look at these:
- Simple Vegan Pizza by No-Meat Athlete
- Amazing Vegan Gluten-Free Pizza by Clean, Green, Simple
- Sweet Potato Pizza Crust by the Blissful Basil
- And how about this Vegan Pepperoni Pizza right here on Namely Marly!
- Whatever pizza your diggin’ on, enjoy!