You don’t need a campfire to make these tasty Vegan S’Mores Pops. It’s a fun and easy recipe that’s perfect to share with others, especially at summer barbecues!
I’ve been on a lot of camping trips in my life, and I think just about every one of them involved making s’mores. At least the really fun ones! There’s a specific way I liked my marshmallows cooked in the open fire. Let’s say my marshmallows are flambeed before adding them to the graham cracker. It’s surprising, then, that I like these perfectly uncooked S’Mores Pops, but I do. Maybe it’s the easiness factor that makes them so attractive.
So, if you love s’mores on a fire, be sure to give this s’mores lollipop version a try!
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- Vegan marshmallows are skewered with a straw and dipped in melted chocolate, making this a super easy treat
- Melting chocolate chips with milk creates a creamy chocolate topping, perfect for dipping
- Adding graham cracker crumbs completes the flavor profile and adds texture to these tasty pops.
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Chocolate chips — Use my Vegan Chocolate Chips Guide to find the best chocolate chips for you!
- Plant-based milk — Use your favorite plant-based milk, such as soy, almond, cashew milk, etc.
- Extract — I’m recommending hazelnut extract to give the chocolate a Nutella flavor. If you don’t have hazelnut extract or can’t find it, you can substitute vanilla. If you’d like to use another extract flavor, such as coconut, banana, or orange, I recommend reducing the quantity to 1/2 a teaspoon.
- Marshmallows — You’ll need a bag of large vegetarian marshmallows (those mini marshmallows won’t do here!).
- Graham cracker crumbs — You can buy graham cracker crumbs or make your own. Follow the instructions for my Vegan Graham Cracker Crust for finding vegan graham crackers and crushing them.
- Paper straws — You can use popsicle sticks, but I love the color added by using paper straws.
What are Vegan Marshmallows?
The sole ingredient that makes marshmallows non-vegetarian is gelatin. It’s a common ingredient used in many products and it’s made animal collagen. It’s easy to make or buy vegetarian marshmallows these days. They’re made with a vegetarian gel, usually agar agar (red sea algae) that makes amazing marshmallows! You can find them at health food stores and in the health food sections of most major grocery stores.
How To Make S’Mores Pops
Everyone loves chocolate-covered s’mores on a stick. Here’s how to make them:
- Pour uncooked rice into a tall glass for placing your finished pops to dry.
- Melt the chocolate chips, soymilk, and hazelnut extract in the microwave.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Place a marshmallow on one of the paper straws.
- Dip the top half of the marshmallow in the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, dip it in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place the finished pop in your prepared glass, pushing the straw down some.
- Repeat until all the marshmallows are done.
- Place the glass (or glasses) of finished pops in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
Having a summer outdoor party? I love having lots of easy dishes, especially the ones I can make ahead! Here are some favorite outdoor party foods, both sweet and savory, to serve at your next vegan barbecue or picnic:
- Corn Salsa with Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Vegan Broccoli Salad
- Vegan No-Bake Cookies
- Kale Salad
- Vegan Sheet Cake
Once the chocolate sets, transfer pops to a bag or storage container. Store pops in the fridge for up to 7 days.
More Chocolate Dipped Recipes
If you love these campfire S’mores Pops, here’s even more tasty treats dipped in chocolate!
Easy Vegan S’Mores Pops
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 24 vegan marshmallows
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 paper straws
- Pour some rice into a tall glass. You'll need this for placing your finished pops to dry.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, soymilk, and hazelnut extract. Place in the microwave and heat for up to 30 seconds and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Place a marshmallow on one of the paper straws. Dip it in the chocolate, allowing the chocolate to cover at least half of the marshmallow.
- While the chocolate is still wet, dip it in the graham cracker crumbs. Place the finished pop in your prepared glass. You may need to push the straw down a bit to allow the pop to stand steady.
- Repeat until all the marshmallows are done. Place your glass (or glasses) of finished pops in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Besides, these Easy Vegan S'Mores Pops are so good cold!
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.