If you love fun, summer desserts, then today’s Easy Vegan S’Mores Pops will be right up your alley!
Funny story, about this recipe. I was on a mission to make a vegan version of that addictive stuff, Nutella.
Nutella, as you can probably guess, is nowhere near vegan. Or healthy. Or low-calorie. Or necessary. Stop fooling yourselves.
But who am I kidding? It’s totally freaking delicious and amazing and so bad for me, so I had to veganize it. So, I tried making it, completely unaware of what Nutella was actually comprised of. I had everyone in the house try what I thought was the perfect blend of chocolate and hazelnut to make a nutty spread fit to be any vegan’s long-lost condiment. Some responses included:
“It tastes like coffee!”
“It’s really good.”
Me: “But does it tastes like Nutella?”
“It tastes really good!”
This kind of conversation went on for longer than Adee-on-a-mission would have liked. What we discovered was that my imitation Nutella did not, in fact, taste like Nutella. But it did, however, taste damn good on a marshmallow (vegan, mind you). After my sassy frustration at the lack of upright honesty about my failed attempt to veganize this stuff, we realized that we had a really great treat on our hands!
So crafted, from our hands to yours, Easy Vegan S’Mores Pops. Way better than Nutella.
I like this recipe for many reasons, but one, in particular, is that it doesn’t make me feel vegan. That might sound a little strange, coming from a self-professed vegan freak whose favorite foods are kale and broccoli.
I mentioned something similar in my Two Easy Vegan Pizzas for Under $15 post, when I talked about people not wanting to become vegan because of how difficult or expensive it is.
Though this particular recipe is not the cheapest (simply because of the vegan marshmallows) it’s definitely not difficult. And, it’s one of those things that brings me back to my childhood. I frequently went on camping trips and the like with both my mom and my dad, and I loved making s’mores. I recall having a specific way I liked my marshmallows to be cooked in the open fire. I liked them perfectly golden, with a hint of burnt edges. My favorite was when the s’more itself turned out to be a very exact sandwich, with four pieces of Hershey’s and the graham crackers lined up. Perfection!
I had that same feeling of satisfaction when I saw the final product of these easy vegan s’mores pops. They were perfectly dipped and topped with chocolate and graham cracker crumbs, balanced beautifully atop an adorable paper straw.
I don’t know about you, but I think these are freakin’ gorgeous. And if you make them (which I hope you will), you will comprehend just how yummy they are. Like, really, really yummy.
Easy Vegan S’Mores Pops
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 24 vegan marshmallows
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 paper straws
- Pour some rice into a tall glass. You'll need this for placing your finished pops to dry.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, soymilk, and hazelnut extract. Place in the microwave and heat for up to 30 seconds and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Place a marshmallow on one of the paper straws. Dip it in the chocolate, allowing the chocolate to cover at least half of the marshmallow.
- While the chocolate is still wet, dip it in the graham cracker crumbs. Place the finished pop in your prepared glass. You may need to push the straw down a bit to allow the pop to stand steady.
- Repeat until all the marshmallows are done. Place your glass (or glasses) of finished pops in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Besides, these Easy Vegan S'Mores Pops are so good cold!
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.