This Vegan Lasagna Soup recipe features all your favorite lasagna flavors without all the work! You’ll enjoy lasagna noodles smothered in rich marinara tomato soup, and topped with a creamy, cheesy, ricotta topping.
I love a good lasagna — with the creamy ricotta layers and lots of tender noodles. Of course, all those layers are infused with marinara sauce and topped with yummy mozzarella. I don’t like skimping on those layers either. Are you with me?
That’s what’s so great about this vegan lasagna soup recipe. Because you can add as much or as little of that creamy ricotta sauce as you want.
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- Lasagna noodles are cooked right into the soup, transforming this into a one-pot wonder soup
- The thick, tomato-infused broth is made with lots of garlic and veggie crumbles for added plant-based protein
- Adding a vegan ricotta cream topping to the hot soup causes a melty, cheesy flavor for an irresistible soup!
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time!
- Olive oil — Any neutral oil will work here to sauté the crumbles, onion, and garlic
- Veggie crumbles — There are so many veggie crumbles to choose from these days, such as Gardein, Bocca, Beyond Beef Crumbles. Or you can use Impossible Ground too.
- Chopped onion — I like using a yellow onion, but a white onion could work here too
- Garlic — We’ll use up to 4 cloves of garlic for the soup (and more for the vegan ricotta)
- Vegetable broth — Use a high-quality vegetable broth for the tastiest soup
- Canned tomatoes — You’ll need a can of petite diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste — A little bit of tomato paste makes for a thicker soup
- Dried spices — We’ll add dried basil, oregano, and thyme (or you could use an Italian spices blend)
- Lasagna noodles — You’ll want 6 – 8 large lasagna noodles. Or if you have broken lasagna noodles, this is great too, because we’ll be breaking them into pieces anyway
- Mozzarella shreds — There are so many great vegan mozzarella shreds these days, but two that are readily available and great choices for this soup are Daiya and Follow Your Heart
- Dairy-free parmesan — You can make your own vegan parmesan or buy it at health food stores or online
- Dairy-free ricotta — My recipe for creamy vegan ricotta is a game-changer for this soup. I highly recommend it, although you can find dairy-free ricottas at some health food stores
- Fresh parsley — Of course adding some fresh parsley is purely optional, but it adds a pop of color and even a bit of fresh, flavor!
Parsley is easy to grow. Keep a parsley plant in a beautiful planter, then move it inside during the winter and outside for the summer. This gives you access to beautiful parsley all year long!
How to Make Vegan Lasagna Soup
You can make this healthy lasagna soup, and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is! Let’s go over the steps to make it:
- Cook Crumbles and Aromatics — Cook the veggie crumbles, and then add chopped onion and cook them until tender. Finally, you’ll add the chopped garlic and cook for a bit until the garlic is tender.
- Stir in Broth and Seasonings — Stir in the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Add Lasagna Noodles — Break the lasagna noodles into bite-size pieces and stir these into the pot. Bring the soup to a low boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot and simmer 15–20 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
- Make the Creamy Ricotta Sauce — In a bowl stir together the vegan ricotta, vegan mozzarella, and vegan parmesan. This mixture is so good you can eat it with a spoon, but be sure to save some for your soup too.
- Serve — To serve, ladle hot soup into serving bowls and add dollops of the ricotta cream mixture, and then garnish with fresh parsley.
Lasagna Soup Calories
Each bowl of this vegan soup has around 320 calories, making it a great option for your healthy diet.
You can make vegetable lasagna soup by adding some chopped zucchini, spinach, and more.
Vegan Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Making soup in a crockpot or slow cooker is always a great option. Here’s how you can make this soup in a crockpot:
- Follow step one from the recipe to cook the veggie crumbles, onion, and garlic in a skillet.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients except for the pasta and ricotta sauce ingredients. Cover the crockpot. Cook the soup on low 7–8 hours or high for 3–4 hours.
- An hour before serving, stir in the broken lasagna pieces and cook the remaining hour until the pasta is tender.
- Spoon the finished soup into bowls and top with ricotta sauce.
Gluten-Free Lasagna Soup
It’s easy to make this lasagna soup vegan and gluten-free. Simply use gluten-free veggie crumbles (like Beyond Beef crumbles or Gardein) and use gluten-free lasagna noodles.
More Vegan Italian Recipes
Do you love this vegetarian lasagna soup and now you want even more tasty meatless Italian recipes? Check these out:
- This vegan lasagna recipe is easy to make (thanks to a no-boil lasagna noodle process) and delivers a delicious dish time after time
- Healthy, vegan minestrone soup can be made in minutes and creates lots of leftovers too
- Make this meatless baked ziti with so many cheesy layers, it’s a go-to favorite every time
- This simple vegan pasta salad features veggies, pasta, and a simple Italian dressing
- You can serve this creamy vegan alfredo sauce over pasta, or with bread, or even over a baked potato!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Lasagna Soup
Vegan Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups veggie crumbles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 4½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregeno
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 large lasagna noodles
For the Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add veggie crumbles. Cook until the crumbles are firm and brown, about 5 minutes. Add chopped onion, cooking until tender, 3–5 minutes. Add in the chopped garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings. Break the lasagna noodles into bite-size pieces and stir these to the pot.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat medium-low. Cover the pot and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
For the Vegan Ricotta
- In a bowl stir together the vegan ricotta, vegan mozzarella, and vegan parmesan.
- Add fresh parsley to the soup, then remove from heat. Ladle hot soup into serving bowls and add dollops of the cream mixture. Garnish with fresh parsley.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.