Vegan Pineapple Cake
This vegan pineapple cake creates a simple, moist cake. Made with only 5 ingredients, you can throw this cake together in a few minutes! Add some coconut whipped topping for a nice, light, and simple cake.
I love a simple cake, especially when a weekday craving hits. That’s one reason I love making my vegan mug cake. So easy!
This pineapple cake is another favorite. Being able to serve up a quick 5-ingredient cake makes all the difference in your weekday desserts. Serve it as is or add your favorite topping for even more wow-factor!
How to Make Vegan Pineapple Cake
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Add sugar to a bowl with flour and baking soda.
- Stir it all together.
- Pour melted vegan butter with crushed pineapple and stir.
- Pour the wet mixture in with the dry.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown.
- Cool the baked cake completely.
- Add your favorite topping.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Flour — Use all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, or even gluten-free flour.
- Sugar — You can use granulated sugar or a mixture of granulated and brown sugar to add even more caramel flavor.
- Baking soda — Thanks to the pineapple, this cake is super moist. We’ll add baking soda to keep the cake light and fluffy.
- Pineapple — I USD a 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple, Including juices.
- Vegan butter — I’m using vegan butter to add rich buttery flavor to every bite.
- Topping — See below for more on different frosting ideas.
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- EASY — This cake requires only 5 ingredients; that’s why it’s SO easy!
- LIGHT — Combined with a simple topping, like whipped cream, this cake is light and flavorful.
- CROWD-FAVORITE — Serve this cake for your next party and wait for the oohs and ahs from your guests!
Is pineapple cake vegan?
Most pineapple cake recipes are made with eggs and are therefore not vegan. However, eggs are not necessary to make a delicious cake. So you can make your own egg-free pineapple cake at home!
What is the best frosting for pineapple cake?
I prefer using a light frosting, like vegan whipped cream or even vegan ermine frosting. Both create a lightly sweet, fluffy topping.
You have lots of options when it comes to frosting your cake. When it comes to this pineapple cake, here. are the frostings I recommend:
- Vegan whipped cream — For a light flavor, add vegan whipped cream on top.
- Coconut Whipped cream — Coconut and pineapple go great together, so for more coconut flavor, coconut whipped cream is the way to go!
- Dairy-free Cream Cheese Frosting — Add the tangy sweet flavor of cream cheese frosting in every bite!
- Dairy-free Ermine Frosting — Another light frosting option is the boiled flour frosting.
- Vegan Vanilla Buttercream — This creamy frosting is amazing!
Make a vegan pineapple birthday cake by adding some fun sprinkles!
Serve slices of vegan pineapple cake with:
- Maraschino cherries add a nice finishing touch
- Drizzles of vegan caramel add color and flavor
- Keep it simple with drizzles of vegan honey over each slice.
- Chopped pecans on top add a nice touch.
Store the cake in the fridge (either the whole cake or individual slices) for up to 7 days. You can freeze slices (or the whole cake) in freezer-safe containers for up to 2 months).
- Make a gluten-free pineapple cake by substituting the all-purpose flour with gluten-free baking flour.
- Add some toasted coconut on top of the cake to make a vegan pineapple coconut cake.
- You can increase or decrease the sugar in this cake recipe by 1/4 cup for a sweeter or less sweet cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before adding the frosting.
Vegan Pineapple Recipes
Sure, you love this vegan pineapple cake. And here are even more tasty vegan recipes using pineapple:
Ready for more? Try all these vegan pineapple recipes.
Vegan Pineapple Cake
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, melted
- Topping: Add vegan whipped cream, whipped coconut cream, or vegan cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9×13 pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl, including the flour and baking soda.
- Stir together the melted vegan butter and the crushed pineapple, including the juices from the can.
- Pour the wet mixture in with the dry and stir together vigorously, until you don't see clumps of flour.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The top will be golden brown, and a tester inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean, but a few crumbs are ok.
- When it's ready, remove the cake from the oven and set it on a rack to cool completely.
- Add your favorite topping, such as vegan whipped cream or vegan cream cheese frosting.
- Store leftover cake slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Freezing will chang the texture of the pineapple, but it will still taste great.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
3 Responses to Vegan Pineapple Cake
What size pan should I use for this recipe?
Hi Tami! I used a 9×13 baking pan. Thanks for your note! I added the pan dimensions to the recipe card.
Delicious cake. Love the pineapple combined with whipped cream.