Enjoy this fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Donuts Recipe with Cinnamon Sugar. These are healthy baked pumpkin donuts, not fried! Pumpkin Doughnuts are tender dairy-free donuts, dunked in melted vegan butter and drizzled with cinnamon sugar giving each bite a spicy sweet crunch. See post tips to make into gluten free vegan donuts. Sure to please…make these healthy vegan donuts today! Video with how-to’s provided.
When I was a kid, my neighbor’s mom, Sue, used to keep a tub of margarine sitting out on the counter with a bowl of cinnamon sugar beside it. The margarine was nice and soft and with a fresh piece of toast in hand, I slathered it with melted butter and then coated it with cinnamon sugar.
I was hooked!
The Best Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
I had to make this baked pumpkin donut recipe at least three or four times. Don’t you feel bad for me? Yeah, me neither. This recipe is vegan comfort food at it’s very best. I always have to forgo fried donuts because all the grease upsets my stomach. Even when I was a kid! So, I knew I had to find a way to make these healthy pumpkin donuts baked!
I love dipping the freshly baked donut in the melted vegan butter and then sprinkling it with cinnamon sugar. Imagine them like pumpkin pie donuts.
It’s good to have simple pleasures.
The taste of cinnamon sugar for breakfast? It remains one of my favorite simple pleasures.
The thing is, I’ve mentioned a few times that I’ve not always been a fan of donuts. I think it’s the combination of sugar and grease. It never set well with my stomach. To be honest, I wasn’t blessed with the best of digestion systems. I’ve received a few diagnoses, but I’ll save you the details.
Then one day I discovered the baked donut and I’ve never looked back. Baked pumpkin doughnuts recipes combines the best of so many worlds — that favorite cinnamon sugar flavor from my childhood, a ease of a baked donut, and pumpkin goodness.
We love these cinnamon pumpkin glazed donuts so much we created a video for you!
How to Make Pumpkin Donuts
The good news is you can make your own vegan pumpkin donuts in around 30 minutes. Here are the steps:
Step One: Combine Dry Ingredients
In a bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
Step Two: Combine Wet Ingredients
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the vegan butter for 20 – 30 seconds, until it’s melted. Add the pumpkin puree and plant-based milk and stir to combine.
Step Three: Make Donut Batter
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir until it’s combined.
Step Four: Spoon & Bake
Use a spoon or carefully pour the batter into the donut compartments, filling them generously and equally. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the donuts are done and slightly golden on the edges.
Step Five: Cinnamon Sugar Topping
In the meantime, prepare your dipping stations, beginning with the melted vegan butter in one bowl. Then make the cinnamon sugar topping by combining the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon spice in a bowl.
Once the vegan pumpkin donuts are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a minute or two. Once they’re cool enough to handle, dip the top side of each donut in the melted vegan butter, followed by a dip in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with each donut.
If you have enough melted butter and cinnamon sugar, repeat this process with the bottom half of each donut.
Use these expert tips to make these donuts perfect every time:
- This recipe calls for vegan butter, I used Earth Balance.
- I have a thing for ginger, so adding some dried ginger would be so nice
- Use a high-quality gluten-free baking flour to make gluten-free pumpkin donuts
- You could use coconut oil in place of the vegan butter
Now, be sure to serve vegan donuts with something equally tasty, like my skinny tea-infused hot chocolate.
More Vegan Donuts
If you love these vegan pumpkin donuts, be sure to try these recipes:
- Toasted Coconut Donuts
- Coconut Raspberry Donuts
- Vegan Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- Berry Baked Donuts
- Blackberry Donuts.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup plant-based milk soy, almond, etc
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 – 3 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat your oven to 350F. Spray a regular-size donut pan with vegetable spray.
- In a bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In a microwaveable bowl, place the vegan butter. Heat for 20 – 30 seconds, until the butter is melted. Add the pumpkin puree and plant-based milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Use a spoon or carefully pour the batter into the donut compartments, filling them generously and equally. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the donuts are done and slightly golden on the edges.
- In the meantime, prepare the Cinnamon Sugar Topping by melting the vegan butter in one bowl. In a second bowl combine the sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon spice.
- Once the donuts are done, remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a minute or two. Once they’re cool enough to handle, dip the top part of each donut in the melted vegan butter, followed by a dip in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with each donut. If you have enough melted butter and cinnamon sugar, repeat this process with the bottom half of each donut.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you’re into sugar and spice donuts or simply any vegan donut recipes like these pumpkin spiced donuts, check these recipes out:
- Baked Apple Cider Vegan Donuts by My Darling Vegan
- Fluffy Vegan Apple Cider Donuts by Well and Full
- Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles by you know who!
- This Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe is the best!
That’s it for pumpkin cake doughnuts recipes! Whatever vegan donut you’re downing, enjoy!