I’m so into easy recipes for the summertime. That’s why I’m sharing this Vegan Two Bean Enchilada Casserole recipe. You’ll love how simple, but delicious it is. For more easy vegan weeknight recipes, try this Easy Vegan Penne Pasta with Sausage or this Vegan Chicken Teriyaki.
Tis the season for busy days! Besides, when the weather is so nice, you don’t want to spend your precious time inside cooking. Am I right?
Why You’ll Love Vegan Two Bean Enchilada Casserole
So I’ve been on the prowl lately, creating easy vegan recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less. It’s an added bonus if the dish will create some leftovers that we can eat the rest of the week.
That means this Vegan Two Bean Enchilada Casserole recipe gets TWO STARS because it succeeds in both categories!
This recipe is spicy, but not too spicy. That’s because Shawn and I share mixed opinions on that topic. I like it “Mouth on Fire” hot and Shawn? Not so much. So I have a tendency to create mildly spicy dishes like this one where I can add all the Sriracha I want!
We serve this with tortilla chips and a salad on the side, but it also could be served as a dip. I could even see putting some of these beans in a tortilla wrap to make it into a burrito. It’s so versatile!
We hope you enjoy this Vegan Two Bean Enchilada Casserole recipe. If you make this, snap a photo and share it with #namelymarly on Instagram or even SnapChat (I’m @namelymarly). We love seeing your photos!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
- ½ cup chopped red bell peppers
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 cups vegan cheddar shreds
- Heat your oven to 375F. Coat a square baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and flour. Stir and cook for about a minute. Add the tomato sauce, vegetable broth, and taco seasoning. Stir and cook for about a minute, until it thickens.
- In a medium bowl combine the black beans, pinto beans, chopped red peppers, frozen corn, green chilies, and chopped onion. Stir to combine.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the red sauce in your prepared baking dish. Top with tortilla pieces, followed by one and a half cups of the bean mixture. Drizzle a third of the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with half of the vegan cheddar shreds.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.