This Vegan Street Tacos recipe is infused with delicious bulgogi flavor and topped with a slightly sweet Brussels sprouts slaw. Make the jackfruit ahead of time and enjoy this vegetarian street tacos recipe throughout the week!
With warmer weather on the horizon, we can’t help but think of recipes that require less time in the kitchen, and more time outside. That’s why these Bulgogi Jackfruit Street Tacos are a perfect summertime recipe…although we would eat them all year long.
By the way, this Bulgogi Jackfruit goes perfectly on my Vegan Loaded Nachos recipe too.
I had a hard time embracing the whole street taco thing because every time I saw them, they were served with meat, or cheese, or some other thing I wasn’t too interested in eating.
And then I had this whole stranger danger thing going on. I don’t adapt well to new things. I mean, I’m familiar with the burrito and the tostada. And, of course, we all know the crispy-shelled taco. So, what is this thing called the street taco?
This is what I wanted to know. And so eventually I broke down and made some. I’m oh so glad I did.
Come to find out, street tacos, or Spanish Tacos, are not such a strange thing after all. Street tacos are a little smaller, usually small enough to be held in your hand as you walk down the street. Transportable food. I like the idea of that!
So now that vegan street tacos and I are friends, I thought I’d introduce you.
What You’ll Love About these Vegan Bulgogi Jackfruit Street Tacos
This Vegan Street Tacos begin with a layer of Slow Cooker Bulgogi Jackfruit. Oh yeah. And then it’s followed by a layer of Jalapeño Brussels Sprouts Slaw and topped with a little bit of vegan cream and a splash of lime.
Is it just me or does that sound amazing?
But there’s more to this recipe than meets the eye. That’s because between the jackfruit and Brussels Sprouts alone, you’re going to be consuming lots of nutritional goodies such as potassium, Vitamins C and A, iron, and even fiber.
That’s the amazing thing about a plant-based diet. You get to enjoy delicious, fresh foods while at the same time boosting your health. And did I mention plant-based diets also reduce your carbon footprint as well?
That’s a lot of goodness in vegetarian Spanish taco recipes.
Oh, and one more thing: If you make the Bulgogi Jackfruit and the Slaw ahead of time, then this recipe comes together really quickly – say less than 30 minute quickly!
That’s it for this Bulgogi Jackfruit Tacos Recipe!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Bulgogi Jackfruit Street Tacos
- Place corn tortillas on a platter and allow them to sit on the counter to come to room temperature (if they’ve been in the fridge).
- If you made your Bulgogi Jackfruit the day before, be sure to warm it up in the microwave or oven.
- Get out your Brussels Sprouts Slaw so it can sit on the counter and come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl prepare the Vegan Cream Sauce by combining the vegan sour cream, lime zest, lime juice and garlic powder. Stir to combine. You want this cream sauce to be thin enough to drizzle across the tacos, but not so thin that it’s runny.
- Lay two corn tortillas flat on a plate. Put a couple of spoonfuls of the Bulgogi Jackfruit in the middle and spread it in a line across the middle of the tortilla. Top that with a spoonful (or two) of the slaw. Repeat this for each taco. Drizzle the top with the Vegan Cream Sauce.
- Have lime slices (and/or hot sauce) nearby so you can add a little more zest to the plate.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I’m working on more vegan taco recipes, so be sure to stay tuned!