You know I have a thing for vegan Chai Tea. I even made a Chocolate Chai Cake and Chai Tea Muffins. That’s devotion! Now I’m adding to my collection. I’ve created a summertime Vegan Iced Chai Tea with Caramel Almonds Cashew Milk that brings the favorite flavors of that winter drink with a fresh and zesty summertime twist!
I’m kind of picky about my chai tea. I’ve been working on a post to share with you the results of my search for the perfect chai tea bag. There are a couple I’ve found that I really like.
But let me tell you, I’ve had to kiss a lot of frogs in the process.
And maybe my frog is your prince, I don’t know. I just have a specific thing I’m looking for when it comes to a good chai flavor and it usually means less cinnamon and more cardamom.
I’ve come to the conclusion that in order to get my Vegan Iced Chai Tea exactly like I want it, why not make it myself. I know why I avoided this conclusion for so long…because I had no idea where to get the Chai Seasonings.
But buying Chai Seasonings is really not that hard. Oftentimes you can find whole spices at your farmer’s market. Kansas City has a huge farmer’s market where they sell whole spices. Your city might have one too!
You can also buy whole spices at asian markets or at health food stores like Sprouts, Natural Grocers, or Whole Foods. You might even be able to find them at World Market stores, but I haven’t looked for whole spices there, so I can’t say for sure.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Iced Chai Tea
My passion for Chai Tea is more than simply because it tastes so good. It also has some amazing health benefits, like:
- This Chai Tea includes turmeric and we all know what an anti-inflammatory powerhouse turmeric is! It does everything from fighting colitis to reducing the impact of Rheumatoid Arthritis to fighting Lupus, and Diabetes and more!
- Learn more about the health benefits of Turmeric and then come back and fix yourself a glass of this tea!
- Cinnamon has been shown to improve blood sugar levels, brain function, and protection against heart disease
- Cardamom is related to ginger and can help your body with a whole host of digestion issues such as nausea, bloating, heartburn, constipation, and more
- Ginger has been shown effective at helping migraines
- Green Tea can even boost your metabolism!
- All of these spices, like nutmeg, star anise, ginger, cinnamon and more, add phytonutrients to your diet, so it’s great to get more of them every day
But look, this tea is not just about the health benefits. It’s also delicious too. I’ve been going back for glass after glass of this vegan iced chai tea every day.
One thing that makes this summertime Vegan Iced Chai Tea so delicious is the Caramel Almonds Cashew Nutchello. Adee and I are in love with drinking this by the glass. But added to this summertime chai? It’s amazing! That’s best said with a little vibrato. 🙂
I love using Silk’s dairy-free products because they add a rich, creamy flavor to my vegan recipes. Today I’m using the Caramel Almonds Cashew Nutchello. It’s only 70 calories per serving, and the perfect amount of sweetness with only 9 grams of sugar per servings. Nutchello is also free of dairy, lactose, gluten, casein, egg, peanut, and MSG. It doesn’t have any artificial colors or flavorings. And it’s certified by the Non-GMO product verification process.
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Iced Chai Tea with Caramel Almonds Cashew Milk as much as we do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and use #namelymarly to share it with us on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Iced Chai Tea
- 3 cups water plus additional for refills
- 1 nutmeg pod*
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods*
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice pods*
- 1 teaspoon star anise seeds*
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh turmeric peeled and chopped
- 3 green tea bags
- 3 – 4 cups Caramel Almonds Cashews Nutchello
- Pour the water into a lidded jar, such as a large mason jar.
- Place the nutmeg bean on a cutting board and use a nutcracker to gently press it open. Once open break it into chunks and place in the water.
- Place the cinnamon stick in the water.
- Gently press the cardamom pods with the nutcracker or the bottom of a cup to gently press them to open up a little. Add to the water. Repeat with the allspice pods.
- Add the star anise seeds to the water.
- Use the back side of a spoon to peel the skin off the ginger. Chop into chunks and add to the water.
- Use the back side of a spoon to peel the skin off the turmeric root. Chop into chunks and add to the water.
- Add the tea bags. Place the lid on the jar and either refrigerate or place in the sun to let simmer. I was enjoying a glass of Iced Chai Tea after the jar sat in the sun for only 20-25 minutes. If you choose to refrigerate your tea, it might take a little longer. I also continued refilling the jar with fresh water, up to 5 times!**
- When you’re ready serve, place ice in your glass, pour about 3/4 of the way with tea. Add a little sweetener if you’d like, but the Nutchello is subtly sweet too so you don’t need a lot. Then add ¾ – 1 cup Caramel Almonds Nutchello.
Whatever soul-warming beverage you’re sipping on, enjoy!