When you’re looking for a summer treat, look no further than these delicious pineapple popsicles. Made with only five ingredients, this recipe comes together fast! They’re so delicious, the whole family will love them! It begins with cutting fresh pineapple which is a cinch. Let’s get started!
In the summertime, we’re looking for fast and frozen treats, like nice cream or vegan frozen yogurt. Throw it in the blender, throw it in the freezer, and you’re done! These pineapple popsicles are in that category, too.
That means you’re just a few simple steps away from a delicious, easy treat!
How to Make Pineapple Popsicles
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Add chopped pineapples, bananas, and vegan yogurt to a blender or food processor.
- Add protein powder.
- Pulse on low to break the ingredients down.
- Use a rubber spatula to push down ingredients from the side of the bowl.
- Increase the speed and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture into popsicle molds, distributing equally.
- Freeze for 1 hour, then add popsicle sticks. Return to the freezer for 4 hours to freeze completely.
- Remove popsicles from the mold (see tips below) and enjoy!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Fresh pineapple chunks — Learn how to cut a fresh pineapple (it’s easier than you think).
- Sliced bananas — You can use fresh or frozen banana slices (if using frozen, let them sit in the blender for a few minutes to soften).
- Vegan yogurt — I recommend using plain vegan yogurt, but you can substitute a flavored vegan yogurt, just be aware they are often sweetened and can influence the flavor.
- Vanilla protein powder — I like adding a bit of vanilla protein powder to these popsicles.
- Lime juice — You can substitute lemon or pineapple juice.
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- KID-FRIENDLY — Not only will kids love eating them, they can help make them, too!
- HEALTHY — Each popsicle is less than 100 calories and infused with nutrition from the fruit.
- SIMPLE — You can make these healthy popsicles with only 5 ingredients and a few minutes of prep time.
How do you remove popsicles from the mold?
If it’s a plastic mold, dip it in hot water for a few seconds so the popsicle will separate from the mold, allowing you to easily remove it. If it’s silicone, push the silicone down from the top of the popsicle
Are pineapple popsicles healthy?
Less than 100 calories each, these pineapple popsicles are healthy and delicious! Besides, they’re made with fresh fruit, lime juice, vegan yogurt, and plant-based protein powder to infuse even more nutrition into every bite!
- Leave about 1/4 inch at the top of each mold to allow for expansion as the popsicles freeze.
- You can use either wood popsicle sticks or reusable popsicle sticks (my preference).
- If you don’t have a funnel to pour the popsicle filling into the mold, use a pitcher with a spout.
These pineapple yogurt popsicles are fine as is, but here are some ideas to mix things up:
- Speaking of flavor options, pit some fresh cherries, slice them in half, and add a few to each popsicle mold before freezing. It will add texture and flavor and everyone loves cherry pineapple popsicles!
- You can make mango pineapple popsicles by using half pineapples and half mango
- Either add drops of coconut extract or substitute the vegan yogurt with fat from a can of coconut milk to create pineapple coconut popsicles (don’t forget the lime juice!)
If you love the flavor of pineapple and coconut, be sure to try this easy vegan pineapple tarts. So easy and delicious!
Remove popsicles from the mold, then lay them on a flat pan (like a cookie sheet) lined with waxed paper (or parchment paper). Pop them in the freezer for up to 15 minutes until they are thoroughly re-frozen. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or storage back. This trick prevents them from sticking together. They will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Vegan Frozen Treats
If you love these real fruit pineapple popsicles, here are even more healthy frozen treats you’ll love:
Vegan Pineapple Popsicles
- 3 cups fresh pineapples, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 1 cup vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup lime juice (substitute lemon or pineapple juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse on low for a few seconds. Use a rubber spatula to push down ingredients from the side of the bowl. Increase the speed and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, distributing equally. Add reusable popsicle sticks right away. If using wooden sticks, freeze for 1 hour, then add popsicle sticks. Return to the freezer for 8 hours or more to freeze completely.
- Next, remove the frozen popsicles from the freezer. Fill a coffee mug about ¾ of the way with water and heat that up for a minute. Dip one of the popsicle molds into the hot water until the popsicle loosens. Remove it from the mold and enjoy!
- Store popsicles in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.