Wild Rice and Sweet Potato Skillet Dinner
- 6.2 oz box Uncle Ben's® Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast cook Flavored Grains
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed and cut into cubes
- 15 oz can northern beans, drained
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- Combine the Uncle Ben's rice, water, and olive oil in a skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- While the rice is cooking, place the cubed sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 4 minutes. The sweet potatoes should be tender.
- Add the cooked sweet potato cubes to the simmering rice, along with the beans. Sprinkle the top with the vegan mozzarella shreds. Cover and simmer for 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered until the cheese melts.