Super delicious, moist and easy-to-make, this vegan Banana Blondies recipe comes with a Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting that will tempt your tastebuds. Banana cookie bars are made with only 11 ingredients and takes only 30 minutes. You’ll love the fabulous dessert that will have everyone begging for more! Gluten-free option provided.
You know, there’s an old saying, “two wrongs don’t make a right”. I wonder what they’d say about two rights? Does that make it wrong? Let’s hope not because today I’m sharing with you something that has two super right things – bananas and peanut butter. That’s what these Banana Blondies with Cream Peanut Butter Frosting are all about. And you know what? If these Banana Blondies are wrong, I’m not so sure I even want to be right.
And now I have a quandary for you. If we’re talking about a person and we call them kind of dense, that’s not such a good thing. Right? But if we’re talking about a blondie and we call it dense, we hear groans of pleasure in response.
Sometimes I think too much.
All I know is dense blondies (or brownies for that matter) make for some pretty good eatin’ in my book.
How to Make Banana Blondies
Wondering what to make with old bananas? How about these easy banana blondie brownies? I tell you, it’s easy to make these blonde banana bars.
It begins by melting vegan butter. I prefer using a microwave to keep things quick and simple. Then you’ll add the flax egg, brown sugar, mashed banana, and vanilla and stir until well incorporated.
In a separate, small bowl combine the flour and salt and give it a whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture to the banana batter and give it a good stir.
Pour the banana blondie batter into a prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
In the meantime prepare your Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting, because peanut butter and bananas are necessary!
Allow banana blonde bars to cool for about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and adding the frosting.
Why Banana Blondies Rule!
That peanut butter frosting is so perfect on top of these Banana Blondies. Sometimes I like to spread lots of that creamy peanut butter frosting and let it ooze over the sides. And sometimes I like to have it all neat and tidy. I can’t decide which one is best!
But it’s the universal flavor of peanut butter and bananas that makes these banana blondies work! They’re almost like banana bread blondies!
Also, these Banana Blondies are sweet, and oh-so-easy to make, but they’re not too sweet. I let the sweetness from the bananas sing through to create a moist, dense blondie. Just a few ingredients and around 30 minutes later and you’ve got yourself a decadent dessert that everyone’s gonna swear you spent hours on. (Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me).
I love that this dessert is made with bananas and ground flax meal. Throw in a little protein with the peanut butter, and this is almost a health bar instead of dessert. Again, let’s just keep that part between us. There’s nothing like the word “healthy” to create a total dessert buzzkill.
Sometimes I’ve used other ingredients to make blondies. For example, in my Ghost Blondies, I actually used chickpeas. Believe it or not, ground chickpeas are a great ingredient to bake with, creating nice, dense blondies. But today, our secret weapon for moistness is bananas.
Ways to Adapt this Recipe
I love this fudgy banana blondies recipe so much and I want you to love it too! If you like playing around with your food (as well you should), here are a few ideas to adapt this recipe to your liking:
- Use Coconut Oil instead of Vegan Butter
- You can sub whole wheat pastry flour for the all-purpose flour
- I would love adding a teaspoon if cinnamon to the blondie batter
- How about some colorful sprinkles on top?
- Add a cup of dairy-free chocolate chips to the batter to make banana chocolate chip bars. It’s hard to deny the charisma between banana and chocolate together. Banana chocolate chip blondies are amazing!
- Use gluten-free baking flour to make gluten free banana blondies
- If you’d like to save calories, halve the peanut butter frosting
This recipe is so versatile, there’s a number of ways you can change it up to fit your needs. I highly recommend making these banana blondies and then serving them with a nice, hot cup of Vegan Hot Chocolate. That’s not just any hot chocolate, it’s vegan. Pretty good if you ask me!
Easy Banana Desserts
For more tasty banana dessert recipes, be sure to try my Vegan Banana Cream Pie. It’s amazing! For something a little different, be sure to try these Chocolate Banana Brownies! Of course, easy banana dessert recipes are a favorite, especially when you’re wondering what to do with old bananas!
And here’s my Best Vegan Banana Recipes!
So you can see this recipe makes me happier than a bird on a wire. You know what would make me even happier? If you’d make this recipe and share it with the #NamelyMarly on Twitter or Instagram. I LOVE seeing your take on Namely Marly recipes!
Banana Blondies with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Banana Blondies:
For the Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting:
- ¼ cup Creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons Plant-based milk almond, soy, etc
For the Banana Blondies:
- Heat your oven to 350F and line the bottom of an 8X8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray with a light coating of vegetable spray.
- Place the vegan butter in a microwave-safe mixing bowl and heat in the microwave for about a minute, until melted.
- Add the flax egg, brown sugar, mashed banana, and vanilla and stir until well incorporated.
- In a separate, small bowl combine the flour and salt and give it a whisk to combine. Add the flour to the banana batter. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- In the meantime prepare your Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting (see below).
- Allow bars to cool for about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and adding the frosting.
For the Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Combine the peanut butter and coconut oil in a medium-size bowl. Stir to combine. If your coconut oil is too firm, it can be helpful to heat it up by placing it in the microwave for about 11 seconds. It doesn’t take long!
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until you have a crumbly mixture. Add the plant-based milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach a desired, spreadable consistency.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Be sure to check out these Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies by Ambitious Kitchen. You know me and chickpeas. I’ve gotta have these!
I’ve also got a Pumpkin Blondies recipe that might tickle your fancy too.
Whatever blondie you’re chomping on, enjoy!