Dig into our new favorite dish, the Ultimate Veggie Burger recipe. It won’t take long before you realize why it’s our favorite. It’s loaded with vegan cheese, veggie bacon, the best veggie burger ever, and avocados. You’ll be surprised vegan can taste so good. Use our tips to make this recipe in only minutes!
If you’re into loaded burgers, with bacon and dripping melted cheese, and slathered mayo, and you’ve ever wondered if vegans feel the same…wonder no more. Introducing the Ultimate Veggie Burger recipe. For your loaded veggie burger loving heart!
This is not your mother’s veggie burger. It’s probably not your father’s, your sister’s, your brother’s, or anyone else’s you know either.
Because for the most part, veggie burgers are supposed to be the beacon of health. They’re supposed to be loaded with beans and topped with sprouts.
I get it. I’ve been there. In fact, that uber healthy veggie burger is totally my thing. That’s why I made this black bean veggie burger. And I’ve even made a Vegan Pesto Veggie Burger. I’ve got all kinds of veggie burgers, that are so healthy, and so delicious.
But then Adee came along and upped the ante recently. Shawn was out of town so we had a girls night and Adee told me she was fixing dinner. Well, I’m not going to argue with that!
She came up with this combination of ingredients (otherwise known as a recipe) to make the Ultimate Veggie Burger recipe while studying one night. Why is that studying can lead to the best food?
When she first made this for me, I said, “let me just have a bite of yours. I’m not sure I’m hungry enough for a whole burger.”
It wasn’t long before she was making another one because I was eating it all. And now I’ve made it for Shawn and he loves it too!
The Ultimate Veggie Burger
Well, first of all, it’s not that hard to put together. I mean, who wants to spend needless time in the kitchen when you’ve got hungry mouths to feed…including your own!
Start with the Field Roast Hand-Formed Burgers, add some Lightlife Fakin’ Bacon, top with some melted Diaya Cheddar Cheese, and sliced avocados and put all of this on a bun and say…that’ll do.
Let’s talk about health for a minute. Yes, it’s important to be healthy. That’s why we create lots of recipes focused on that. But we like to follow the 80/20 rule. That means 80% of the time eat as healthy as you can, and the rest of the 20%, eat like you mean it!
Sometimes that’s just what it’s all about. Hokey, I know.
Can you see why this is now our favorite ultimate veggie burger? The flavors of everything combines so perfectly.
It’s been awhile since I’ve had a meat-based burger so it’s hard for me to say, but I think you might actually like this ultimate veggie burger MORE than a meat-based burger.
So if having more meatless meals is a part of your resolutions for a better year, give this recipe a spin!
Ultimate Veggie Burger
- 1 package Field Roast Hand-Formed Veggie Burger
- 1 package Lightlife Fakin’ Bacon Tempeh Strips
- 1 package Daiya Vegan Cheddar Style Block
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter like Earth Balance
- 1 package buns
- On a skillet over medium heat, place the veggie burgers. Cook on both sides until heated through and browned, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place the Fakin’ Bacon in the skillet and cook on both sides until heated through and browned, 3-5 minutes per side. Cut in half and set aside.
- Slice the vegan cheese in thick slices. Also peel the avocado, and slice.
- Spread the vegan butter on both sides of buns and place these on the skillet to brown.
- Assemble your sandwich by place the veggie burger on the bottom bun, top with cheese. Place it in the skillet for a couple of minutes (or microwave for about 20 seconds), to melt the cheese. Then top with a few Fakin’ Bacon strips, sliced avocado and the top bun.
- Serve with vegan mayo (optional) and your favorite sides like tater tots or french fries.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.