Busy days means easy desserts! Enjoy this delightfully delicious Vegan Cherry Vanilla Parfaits in just minutes! This recipe is sweet, simple, and oh so perfect for your spring and summer scrumptious dessert eaters!
Springtime has hit Kansas City and we are now back to our tennis schedule. That means Shawn and I are taking off most every evening to head to the courts to play tennis. It’s kind of lucky that we both enjoy the same hobby…and it’s a great workout too.
Most people we know that play tennis, don’t have a spouse or a significant other who plays as well. And of those who do, very few of them actually seem to play together. I kind of get that. Tennis is not like any other sport — it can be difficult to learn. That can translate into frustration. I’ve been frustrated many a times on the courts. But we’ve worked through (or continue to work through) all of that and we now mostly have a good time at the courts.
And playing tennis definitely helps me in getting in my goal of 10,000 steps every day!
Why You’ll Love Vegan Cherry Vanilla Parfaits
If you’re like me, you love this time of year. But it is busy. Whether you’re hitting the courts, or taking the kids to soccer practice, or going on play dates, or even just meeting friends, spring and summer means a lot of evenings on the go.
Just because we’re busy doesn’t mean we don’t also want dessert. Even with getting in those 10K steps, I still enjoy something a little sweet after dinner.
That’s where these super easy Vegan Cherry Vanilla Parfaits come in. I made these with something I call an Accidentally Vegan ingredient. So the combination of the ingredients in this recipe means you can enjoy this delicious dessert in minutes!
Also, cherries…vanilla pudding…graham cracker crust…vegan whipped topping? I mean, seriously!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Cherry Vanilla Parfaits as much as we do! If you give it a go, tape a snapshot and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Vegan Cherry Vanilla Parfaits
- 4.6 oz box Jell-O Vanilla Cook and Serve Pudding
- 3 cups plant-based milk
- 20 graham crackers crushed = 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 15 oz can Lite Cherry Pie Filling
- Vegan Whipped Cream*
- Set out your vegan whipped cream so it softens.
- Combine the pudding and plant-based milk in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Cook another minute or two until the pudding thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor. Pulse until a sand-like texture develops. Add the coconut oil. Pulse until combined.
- Press the graham cracker mix into the bottom of three serving dishes, reserving some to crumble on the top of each. Use your spoon to press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the pudding over the graham cracker crust in each dish. Fill each dish until it’s about 3/4 of the way full. Refrigerate until the pudding thickens enough to hold the cherries, about 10 minutes.
- Top with cherry pie filling, vegan whipped cream, and extra graham cracker crumbs.
- Either serve immediately or refrigerate and serve after chilled.
Here’s some other Vegan Parfaits you might enjoy!
- Vegan Caramel Banana Cream Parfaits via Blissful Basil
- Lemon Berry Cheesecake Parfait via Vegan Yack Attack
- Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Pudding via the Full Helping
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Parfait…via yours truly! 🙂
Whatever parfait you’re perusing…enjoy!