Just in time for weekend baking, here’s the best Vegan Coconut Raspberry Donuts recipe. If you have a love affair with raspberry and coconut, these baked cake donuts infused with raspberries and topped with coconut that will make your taste buds happy! These raspberry doughnuts are the best!
If you’re curious about vegan baked breakfast recipes, you MUST try my Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Croissants. So simple. So good. Or, if you’re in for something different, how about my Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread Pancakes. Perfect weekend breakfast…here we come!
Even as a child I loved the flavor of coconut and raspberries together. In fact, I loved it so much it was the cause of my first act of crime.
Crime, I tell you!
There was a coconut raspberry candy at the store. You know the kind I’m talking about? Where it has three different stripes of delicious colors? One is chocolate, one is vanilla and the other is raspberry. Anyway, my mom said no. My head heard that no, but my hands said yes. 😳
The only problem was at the young age of 5, I wasn’t good at covering my tracks. It didn’t take long for my mom to realize what I’d done. And my dad made me go in and apologize to the store manager.
Let’s just say the punishment was very effective. I was so embarrassed.
So, I gave up my life of crime, but still retained my love for all things coconut and raspberry.
If I could have lived on Raspberry Zingers, I would have done it. But, you know, I realized I FELT better when I had a more varied diet.
So now I just make things like these Vegan Coconut Raspberry Donuts, and make it part of an overall healthy diet, and it’s all good.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Coconut Raspberry Donuts
First, if you’re like me, I do NOT miss greasy donuts. Sure, you could fry these babies, but why??? I love the way fried tastes, but HATE the way fried feels. My stomach just can’t handle it.
So, in my mind, the baked donut is the only way to go. And we make this one vegan. Then I added raspberries right in the batter. So, imagine a baked donut infused with raspberries. Yes. I know. It’s so good!
Then, I topped it with a little bit of sweet frosting. With one goal in mind…to make the coconut stick. Ah. That frosting smashed with coconut all over it? It is just a dream.
You might not believe me when I tell you this, but I made a batch of these donuts and Shawn and I ate a couple fresh out of the oven…and then I froze the rest of them! Yes, I did.
Why? Because I knew I wanted to enjoy them again, but not immediately. I figured if they were out in the open I’d eat them all in a matter of hours. But freezing them was a perfect way of imposing some self discipline. Sometimes, we gotta be a little tricksty!!
If you’re like me and hoping to find ways not to eat the entire batch yourself, these are perfect for sharing. I love making these Vegan Coconut Raspberry Donuts when we have guests over. That way I get one (or two) and share the rest with friends or family. Perfection!
Be The Change
I love changing a recipe. Poor Shawn. Sometimes he’ll ask me to make something again and I’m just not inspired to do it the same way. That means he never knows what he’s going to get. Sometimes that’s good, and sometimes, well, it’s not so good. But either way we’ve got some variety. So, I encourage you to change this recipe around too. Find some ways to make it sing…YOU! Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- You could toast the coconut flakes
- If you’re not into raspberries, then why are you here? No. Just kidding. Try blackberries. I think it would work!
- I could see adding some spices, like maybe dried ginger would add some zing
- Ooh. Speaking of zing, how about adding some orange zest to the donut batter!
- Also, you could add some finely chopped pecans with the coconut
- To make these gluten-free, use a gluten-free flour baking mix
There you have it. Use these ideas or come up with your own to make these Vegan Coconut Raspberry Donuts completely your own way! For sure I would serve these donuts with my favorite Skinny Hot Chocolate. It’s like tea meets cocoa meets delicious.
Don’t you just love this recipe for Vegan Coconut Raspberry Donuts? Me too! Hey, do me a favor. If you make them too, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram. We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Raspberry Coconut Donuts
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vanilla flavored plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cups raspberries
- Sweet Glaze
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 – 3 teaspoons vanilla flavored plant-based milk*
- ½ coconut flakes sweetened or unsweetened
- Heat your oven to 350F. Spray a donut pan with vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl combine the ground flax seeds and water. Stir. Set aside.
- In a separate small microwave-safe bowl add the vegan butter. Heat in a microwave until melted, around 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In your mixing bowl add the sugar, vanilla plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, flax egg mixture, and melted vegan butter. Stir to combine.
- Roughly chop the raspberries. You want plenty of raspberry pieces to be present throughout the donuts.
- Pour flour mixture over the liquid mixture. Drop raspberry pieces over flour and gently stir until the raspberry pieces are coated. Then start incorporating the flour into the liquid mixture. Stir until combined.
- Use a spoon to evenly distribute batter in each donut compartment, filling each to the top. This batter should fill up 6 compartments.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until the donuts are done and slightly golden colored on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Make the Sweet Glaze by combining the powdered sugar and coconut oil in a bowl. Stir to combine. It will be a dry mixture. Add the plant-based milk, one teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired, spreadable consistency.
- Dip each donut in the Sweet Glaze and then immediately coat with coconut flakes. Serve warm.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you’re into vegetarian or vegan baked donuts, take a look at these recipes:
- Vegan Coconut Sugar Cinnamon Donuts by Feasting on Fruit
- Vanilla Baked Donuts with Raspberry Glaze by Go Dairy-Free
- Blueberry Cardamom Vegan Donuts by Vegan Yack Attack
- Or how about these Vegan Blackberry Donuts by lil ol’ me!
Whatever donut you’re dazzled by, enjoy!