Hold your hats as I prepare to announce our most recent and mind shattering recipe, Easy Vegan Key Lime Pie. It’s so incredible, you may want to make TWO. Of course, if you want to add a little variety to your vegan desserts, I happen to have a thing for pies, so you could also check out our Vegan Lemon Meringue Pie or our Vegan Chocolate Pie. It’s all good. Seriously! I grew up in a small town in Missouri. We didn’t eat a lot of key lime pie when I was a kid. To be honest, it just wasn’t something anyone thought of. I mean, who ever came up with the idea of adding lime to a pie? It just seems weird. Don’t you think?
Well, whoever came up with the idea, I’m sure glad they did, because it’s delicious!
I don’t know how old I was when I tried key lime pie for the first time, but I liked it.
That said, I didn’t think I’d be enjoying Key Lime Pie anymore, because, you know, dairy. I don’t eat the stuff. It’s a combination of being lactose intolerant and vegan. But now I’ve discovered a way to make this favorite dessert dairy-free!
What You’ll Love about Easy Vegan Key Lime Pie
There’s something about combining tart and sweet that cannot be denied. It’s such a subtle sweetness which is my new favorite thing in life. I think you’ll love it too!
So combining the tartness of the key limes, with the subtle sweetness of this recipe is just not enough to make this dessert noteworthy. We have to add a little crunchy from the graham cracker crust and some creaminess too. It’s the combination of all of this that makes this recipe one you’ll come back for time and time again!
If you’re into crunchy crusts, sweet and creamy (with a little bit of tartness to boot), you’re gonna love this Easy Vegan Key Lime Pie!
Besides, you know I’m really into vegan pies, right? For example, there’s my super easy Vegan Peanut Butter Pie. It’s like taking a bite of love in a pie crust! 😍 One thing that makes this Easy Vegan Key Lime Pie recipe so delicious is the Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt. I really didn’t know there was a yogurt alternative for vegans until Silk.
To be completely honest, I wasn’t a big fan of cow-dairy yogurt anyway (maybe it was that lactose intolerant thing). I tried it and it just didn’t do it for me. However, I’m addicted to vegan yogurt. I love serving it up with some fresh fruit for breakfast. And now I’m adding vegan yogurt to everything I can think of, including key lime pie recipes. 🙂
I love using Silk’s dairy-free products because they add a rich, creamy flavor to my vegan recipes. Today I’m using the Dairy-free Vanilla Yogurt. It boasts 6 grams of plant power protein in every serving! It also offers live, active cultures combined with calcium and vitamin D. oIt’s also free of dairy, lactose, gluten, casein, egg, peanut, and MSG. It doesn’t have any artificial colors or flavorings. And it’s certified by the Non-GMO product verification process. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it using #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Easy Vegan Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- zest from 7 key limes
- ¼ - ½ cup key lime juice from 7 fresh key limes
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon agar agar flakes*
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 oz container vegan cream cheese
- 5.3 oz container Silk Vanilla Yogurt
- 10 oz container extra firm silken tofu
- 4-5 fresh spinach leaves for color, so optional
- Topping: Dairy-free Whipped Topping and Raspberries
- Spray your pie pan with vegetable spray. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil in a bowl. Stir to combine. Press into prepared pie pan.
- Create vegan jello mix by combining the lime zest, lime juice, water, agar flakes and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium to medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minute before placing in the fridge to cool further.
- In a food processor combine the vegan cream cheese, Silk Vanilla Yogurt, silken tofu, and spinach. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Fold cooled lime jello mixture into the yogurt mixture and whip until smooth. Pour into your prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate until set, at least one hour, preferably two.
- Serve with dairy-free cream whipped topping and fresh raspberries.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.