Vegan Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
Are you looking for a delicious, vegan, and gluten-free breakfast treat? Look no further than this recipe for vegan gluten-free cinnamon rolls!
These gluten-free vegan cinnamon rolls are the perfect sweet treat for anyone with gluten allergies or sensitivities.
If you’re like me, you love tender cinnamon rolls. These vegan cinnamon rolls and these vegan apple cinnamon rolls are perfect examples!
Can you make them gluten-free as well? Yes! This recipe creates rolls that are soft, fluffy, and packed with cinnamon-sugar goodness. Plus, the icing on top adds just the right amount of sweetness. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Egg Substitute — You can use either a flax egg or a chia egg for this recipe.
- Soy milk — You can substitute any plant-based milk.
- Butter — You’ll need vegan butter for the dough and the icing.
- Vinegar — You can use apple cider vinegar or substitute white vinegar.
- Flour — I recommend using gluten-free flour created for 1:1 baking.
- Almond Flour — Make your rolls extra tender by adding almond flour.
- Sugar — You’ll need both granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Yeast — We’ll use a packet of instant yeast.
- Baking powder — Add baking powder to make your cinnamon rolls light and fluffy.
- Salt — A bit of salt enhances the flavor.
- Cinnamon — We’ll add ground cinnamon to the filling.
- Icing — If you make the icing (I highly recommend it), you’ll need these additional ingredients: powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and vegan cream cheese.
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- DELICIOUS — The cinnamon-infused filling makes soft and tender rolls you’ll love!
- BEST — You want the best gluten-free vegan cinnamon rolls and this recipe delivers!
- FAVORITE — Everyone loves these tasty buns, whether they’re on a gluten-free diet or not!
What's the best gluten-free flour for baking?
Baking with gluten-free flour requires combining several different types of flour and starches, or you can purchase pre-mixed gluten-free flour designed for baking. I recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-free Flour or King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Baking Mix.
Can you make gluten-free cinnamon rolls vegan?
Yes, you can make your gluten-free cinnamon rolls vegan! Use plant-based milk and substitute a flax egg or a chia egg.
Imagine serving these tasty vegan and gluten-free cinnamon rolls for brunch. Here are some tasty sides you can serve with them:
- Scrambled Tofu Eggs with toast.
- For protein, serve these Tempeh Bacon Strips
- Just Egg Omelets are the ultimate in healthy indulgence
- These Vegan Cinnamon Muffins are a real favorite for brunch!
Store cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat them in the microwave or a toaster oven until heated through before serving.
Vegan Gluten-Free Sweets
If you love these vegan gluten-free cinnamon rolls recipe, you might also enjoy these sweet potato cinnamon rolls. But if you prefer strictly gluten-free recipes, here are more favorites to try:
Vegan and Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 flax egg
- ¾ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free flour (see note below)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast one packet
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup vegan butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter softened
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
- Mix the flax egg and set aside.
- Combine the milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Set it aside for several minutes. Then stir in the flax egg and vinegar. The mixture should be between 105°F/40°C and 108°F/42°C (the same temperature as your finger if you dip it into the liquid).
- In a large bowl, add the flours, sugar, yeast, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Pour this milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together until a soft dough forms. Set aside.
Rolling the Dough:
- Once the dough is ready, cover a working area with a sheet of plastic wrap. Place the dough on top of the plastic wrap and cover it with another sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to approximately 11×15 inches in size. It helps if you pull the top layer of plastic wrap off the dough and cover it again with the same sheet. It also helps to place an anti-slip pad to keep the dough from sliding as you roll it.
- Spread softened butter across the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar filling mixture. Sprinkle this over the butter, covering all of it except for about a half-inch of the long edge furthest away from you.
- Starting from the long end closest to you, roll the dough tightly until you're left with one long roll.
- Spray an 8-inch round pan or pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut into 9 evenly sized rolls about 1 ½ inches wide. Place rolls in the prepared pan. Cover with a kitchen towel, and set aside in a warm, draft-free area to rise until doubled in size, around 1 hour. See notes for options.
- When it's time to bake, preheat the oven to 350ᵒF/175°C. Place pan in a center rack and bake for about 24 to 26 minutes until the rolls are golden in color.
For the Icing:
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the icing. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and vegan cream cheese until fluffy. Add the vanilla, followed by the powdered sugar beat until creamy. Stir in one tablespoon of the soy milk at a time to get a spreadable consistency.
- When the rolls have cooled slightly, remove them from the oven and add frosting immediately. Serve warm.
- Store cinnamon rolls in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days. These can be frozen for up to 2 months. To serve, cook in the microwave until heated through.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
For Overnight Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Place the rolls in the prepared pan and let them rise until doubled in size.
- Then cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate them overnight.
- In the morning, remove the pan from the oven and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven and bake the rolls as directed.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
2 Responses to Vegan Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
Love these cinnamon rolls!
So glad you liked these cinnamon rolls, Sherry!