Dig in and enjoy this simple and easy Vegan One-Pot Mac and Cheese, that’s both creamy and extra cheesy. Who doesn’t want to make dinner in just one pot? And why shouldn’t it be the best comfort food in the world?
The fact that it’s also vegan is just icing on the cake. Or cheese on the macaroni. And if you’re into amazing vegan cheese recipes, you’ll love my Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread or my Velvet Vegan Cheese Sauce! When I was a teenager I had a friend that used to make her macaroni and cheese from a box. Well, actually from two boxes.
She would take two cheese packets and mix them in with the cooked macaroni from one box. She liked her mac and cheese extra cheesy! Who doesn’t?
That’s why today’s recipe for vegan one-pot mac and cheese is extra cheesy too. In honor of my friend…and every other person who likes their comfort food good and cheesy!
Why You’ll Love Vegan One-Pot Mac and Cheese
You’ll want to make this dish again and again because this is another one of those “keep it simple” recipes where we work to keep the ingredient list on the minimal side. Also, you can use gluten-free macaroni to make this vegan one-pot mac and cheese gluten-free too.
Today I’m using the Silk® Unsweetened Original Cashewmilk. It’s 1/3 the calories of skim milk, but made with the creaminess of cashews so it adds a special touch to your vegan recipes.
We hope you love this Vegan One-Pot Mac and Cheese as much as we do! If you decide to make it, take a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or Twitter. We love seeing your photos!
Vegan One-Pot Mac and Cheese
- 12 ounce box Elbow Pasta*
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Silk Cashew Milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place macaroni, water and cashew milk in a saucepan together over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Be sure to stir frequently to keep the pasta from clumping together. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are tender and a thick consistency is achieved. If you need to, stir in additional water in 1/4 cup increments.
- Add the vegan butter and garlic powder and stir until it’s distributed throughout.
- Add half of the vegan cheese and stir until it’s melted. Add the remaining half, stirring until it’s melted as well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.