This Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread recipe makes crispy bread, drizzled with a savory, garlicky butter sauce and mozzarella. Made with only six ingredients, this Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread — otherwise referred to as Crack Bread — is a perfect party snack because it’s easy for the host and enjoyed by everyone.
I love throwing parties, but I’ve learned a few tricks to make it more enjoyable for my guests and for me! One of my favorite tips is to make easy party foods, so I’m not so worn out that I don’t enjoy the party myself. This cheesy pull-apart bread is a party favorite because it’s so easy to make and everybody loves it!
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- Melting vegan butter together with garlic creates the perfect sauce to drizzle over the bread
- Using a round store-bought artisan loaf keeps this recipe easy to make and do-able
- Chopped green onions add pops of color throughout the loaf, making it look gorgeous in addition to delicious.
- Made with only 6 ingredients, this loaf is so easy to make and yet so flavorful!
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Vegan butter — You can use your favorite vegan butter or dairy-free margarine. You can substitute olive oil.
- Garlic — I’m calling for 2 cloves of garlic, but you can substitute a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Salt — A little bit of table salt or sea salt is all you’ll need.
- Store-bought bread — Look for a round loaf in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- Vegan mozzarella shreds
- Green onions
What Kind of Bread is Best for Pull-Apart Bread?
A round loaf of bread is referred to as a cob in some parts of the world and a boule in France. Either way, you’re looking for a round loaf of bread with a crusty top. It can be a sourdough loaf, pumpernickel, whole wheat, or plain white bread. Just look at the ingredients to make sure it doesn’t include eggs or dairy.
How to Make Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
This cheesy pull-apart cheese bread is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before!
- Stir together the melted butter, garlic, and salt.
- Cut vertical and horizontal cuts in the loaf, cutting to the bottom but not through it.
- Use a butter knife and run the herbed butter through each slice, making sure to coat each piece.
- Insert cheese shreds throughout the bread slices, leaving some around the top.
- Sprinkle the top with onion slices.
- Place the loaf on a prepared baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the top piece of foil.
- Bake uncovered until the bread has toasted edges and the cheese has melted.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The loaf can be frozen in appropriate freezer-safe containers or bags for up to 2 months.
So, there you have it. A Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread recipe that’s easy to make and oh-so-delicious to eat.
Looking for Perfect Party Food Ideas?
If you love vegan party food ideas, be sure and check out these delicious vegan appetizers and snacks:
- Vegan Ranch Dip served with chopped veggies or Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Vegan Spinach Dip
- 7-Layer Dip
- Vegan Breadsticks served with Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Gluten-Free Chex Mix
- Cheerio Snack Mix
- Stuffed Dates
- Vegan Cheese Ball
More Bread Favorites
If you love this vegan cheesy pull-apart bread, here’s even more bread recipes you will enjoy:
Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
- ½ cup vegan butter , melted
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf store-bought bread
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare your baking sheet by covering it with a generous piece of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl combine the butter, garlic and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut vertical and horizontal cuts (using a serrated knife works best) in the round loaf, cutting just to the bottom of the crust (but not through the crust).
- Use a butter knife and run herbed butter mixture through each slice, both horizontally and vertically, making sure to coat each piece. Insert cheese shreds throughout the bread slices as well, leaving some around the top for a nice, melted cheese look when your loaf is done. Sprinkle the top with onion slices.
- Place the loaf on your prepared baking sheet. Tear off another piece of foil and cover the bread, sealing it to the piece of foil on the pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and carefully remove the top piece of foil. Return the pan to the oven and bake for until 10 minutes or so, until the bread has toasted edges and the cheese has melted.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.