This Vegan Cheesy Pull Apart Bread recipe with garlic is drizzled with a savory, garlicky vegan butter sauce and vegan mozzarella. Cheesy Pull Apart Bread, otherwise referred to as Crack Bread recipe, is a perfect party snack because it’s easy for the host and enjoyed by everyone! This Cheese Bread Recipe makes a great side dish or a perfect addition to your party food ideas!
Looking for Perfect Party Food Ideas?
If you love vegan party food ideas, be sure and check out these delicious vegan appetizers and snacks:
- Vegan Ranch Dip to serve with chopped veggies
- This Vegan Spinach Dip is easy to make and a real crowd favorite!
- Everyone loves this 7 Layer Dip that’s all vegetarian!
- Since you obviously love bread, this Vegan Bacon Ricotta Crostini Recipe is Amazing!
How to Make Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
This cheesy pull apart cheese bread is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- One round sourdough loaf (or any favorite dairy-free round loaf)
- Vegan Butter
- Green Onions
- Vegan Mozzarella Shreds.
Use a serrated knife to cut rows of horizontal slices on the loaf. Be sure not to cut past the bottom crust! Cut just down to the bottom crust so it all stays together. Then turn the loaf and cut another series of rows of horizontal slices.
Melt the vegan butter in a bowl and add garlic and salt. Stir these together then drizzle them in between the cut pieces of the bread. Follow that with the chopped green onions and then the vegan mozzarella shreds, making sure to get some of them in between the slices.
Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet and then place the loaf on the baking sheet. Cover the loaf with another sheet of foil (this helps the cheese melt) and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Then use tongs to remove the foil and return the pan to the oven and bake another 15 minutes or so, until the edges of the bread are crispy and toasted.
What You’ll Love About this Vegan Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Recipe
If you love a crusty, toasty loaf, with tender insides and a buttery, garlic flavor, topped with green onions and melted, creamy, vegan cheese? Well, this might be the recipe for you.
And if you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, well, this recipe might be for you as well.
And if you don’t want to spend hours in the grocery store looking for highfalutin, crazy ingredients, this recipe might be for you…for sure!
Of course, some people might consider vegan cheese a little on the falutin side, but I live in Missouri (I grew up in a town of 1,000 people) and I can find vegan cheese at nearly every grocery store in a 20 mile radius. You can even buy it online too. So vegan cheese is getting more and more accessible. Yay!
So, there you have it. A Vegan Cheesy Pull Apart Bread recipe that’s easy to make and oh-so-delicious to eat.
I highly recommend taking this to your next family dinner or social gathering. You know, like a baby shower!
The downside? You have to share it this loaf with others.
The upside? You get to listen to the oohs and ahhhs as people dive in. They’ll never even know it’s vegan.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. If you decide to give it a try, why not take a photo and share it using #namelymarly on Instagram and Twitter? We love seeing your photos!
Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
- ½ cup vegan butter , melted
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf store-bought bread
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare your baking sheet by covering it with a generous piece of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl combine the butter, garlic and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut vertical and horizontal cuts (using a serrated knife works best) in the round loaf, cutting just to the bottom of the crust (but not through the crust).
- Use a butter knife and run herbed butter mixture through each slice, both horizontally and vertically, making sure to coat each piece. Insert cheese shreds throughout the bread slices as well, leaving some around the top for a nice, melted cheese look when your loaf is done. Sprinkle the top with onion slices.
- Place the loaf on your prepared baking sheet. Tear off another piece of foil and cover the bread, sealing it to the piece of foil on the pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and carefully remove the top piece of foil. Return the pan to the oven and bake for until 10 minutes or so, until the bread has toasted edges and the cheese has melted.
Today we’re celebrating something fun. My friend, Courtney (the Neighbor Food Blog) is having a baby and so we’re throwing her a virtual baby shower.
Here’s the other folks that are celebrating Courtney’s baby in the making too! Check out these fabulous baby shower treats!
- Twix Millionaire Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Spicy Tahini Palmiers from Food Lust People Love
- Cream Soda Peach Floats from Jelly Toast
- Button Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream A Cookie Named Desire
- Coconut Peach Slush from Heather’s Dish
- Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Pie from Melanie Makes
- Watermelon Lime Mocktail from The Live-In Kitchen
- Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca from Pineapple and Coconut
- Easy Apple Tart from gotta get baked.