Cheesecake is one of those things that people bring up right away after learning you’re vegan. Well, that is after the typical, “where do you get your protein” question. We vegans get that one a LOT! And then comes a litany of questions about what you do and don’t eat. “Do you eat fish?” No. They roll their eyes a little and proceed to the next question. “Do you eat chicken?” No. Some more eye rolling followed by, “Do you eat cheesecake?” Now that, you see is a trick question. Because, well, we DO eat cheesecake, but it’s not the kind made from cream cheese a la the dairy cow. Vegans have several options when it comes to answering this question, and just to prove my point, here’s my Vegan Oreo Cheesecake. You may want to grab a chair…and a fork!
Have you ever found yourself thinking that vegans live a sad life—of sacrifice and desolation; sackcloth and ashes; devoid of any pleasure? If so, I ask you to take a moment and contemplate the Oreo. It may not be the hoodoo of health, but it is one of the store-bought guilty pleasures vegans can enjoy. And who doesn’t like a guilty pleasure or two? Pleasure is definitely the theme of today’s post as I introduce to you the Oreo Cheesecake Factory Vegan Copycat Recipe.
From beginning to end, this was a fun recipe to put together!
When Roxanne of Roxanne’s Home Baking asked several of us to participate in her Annual Cheesecake Day celebration, I couldn’t pass down the temptation to participate. And having just published a super healthy Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake for Fourth of July, I decided this one should be, um, a little more decadent.
Can you tell I have a chip on my shoulder?
I love tortillas but that’s not the kind of chip I’m talking about.
This recipe requires tofu. How do you feel about that? I know I was really nervous about working with tofu the first time. Oh, to be honest, it was several times before I began to feel comfortable with it. But today? Well, now I feel like a pro…and you can too! Just click below to get my Cooking with Tofu Guide.
If you haven’t noticed already, I can be a little defensive about the topic of veganism. I guess it’s because of all those looks I get from people when they find out I’m vegan. It’s that “poor you” look that really gets me. As if vegans eat the most boring diets of anyone on the planet.
That’s the part that gets my goat. And I don’t even have a goat!
I like to prove that vegans have a varied diet. Yes, it’s true, I eat my fair share of salads. And you know what? I love them! Add steamed green beans, edamame, sautéed Brussels sprouts and every other kind of green food you can think of and I will confess that I love them too.
I just like to add some decadence to my vegan life too. I mean check out these Vegan Black Bean Fudgy Brownies. That may be the ultimate in both decadence and health!
But every now and then I like to slip on the indulgent side of vegan. Because I believe being vegan is not a one-dimensional, stagnant way to live.
So, hold on to your hats and get out your forks and join me in having a slice of this Loaded Oreo Vegan Cheesecake…or maybe even two!
- 25 Oreo cookies (or 1½ cup Oreo cookie crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- 2 (8 oz) packages of vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
- 14 oz container of extra firm silken tofu
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup Earth Balance margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 10-12 Oreos, roughly chopped for the batter
- 10-12 Oreos, roughly chopped for the topping
- Place the whole cookies (filling and all) in a food processor and pulse until the cookies resemble a coarse crumbly flour. Add the coconut oil and pulse for another second or two to combine.
- Press the cookie crumb crust into an 8" springform pan. Distribute evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Place the raw cashews and the coconut milk in a food processor. Feel free to use the same one you used for the crust. Pulse the food processor for several seconds to break down the cashews. Open the lid and stir down any ingredients that might have risen to the top of the bowl. Now pulse for several seconds, up to a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vegan cream cheese and extra firm tofu and pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Next add the sugar, corn starch, margarine, and vanilla. Pulse for several seconds, up to a minute until you have a nice, creamy mixture.
- I have only a medium-sized food processor so at this point mine was getting kind of full. If that's the case for you, transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the flour and stir to combine.
- Add the 10-12 roughly chopped Oreos and give it one more stir to combine. Set aside.
- Turn your oven to 325F while you let the filling settle for a few minutes.
- When the oven is ready, pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust and spread the 10-12 roughly chopped Oreos over the top.
- I baked my cheesecake in a water bath which means I covered the bottom of the pan in aluminum foil, placed this in a roasting pan and carefully poured boiling water in the roasting pan, up to ¼" of the pan. Here's a great video on giving your cheesecake a water bath.
- Bake your cheesecake for 60 minutes and then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before placing in the fridge. I recommend letting the cheesecake cool for at least four hours (or even a full day) before slicing and serving.
Come celebrate National Cheesecake with me and my friends. Check out all these amazing cheesecake recipes!
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neopolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust