This vegan fried chicken sandwich recipe is AMAZING – just dredge through a vegan milk mixture and crumbs, and then fry in a skillet. Buns with slaw and mayo are truly optional, but oh-so-delicious!
Fried chicken might be something you wouldn’t see on a vegan diet. And in the truest sense of the word, it isn’t. However, this easy vegan recipe makes the entree a possibility in your life again.
How to Make Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwich
This vegan fried chicken sandwich recipe is pretty straight forward and simple to make. It’s a passion of mine to follow the KISS (keep it simple, silly) principle in the kitchen!
And that’s what we’re showcasing today, a vegan version of the Endless Simmer/HuffPo’s series, America’s Top 10 new Sandwiches, Number 5, the Fried Chicken Sandwich.
Low Carb Vegan Recipes
This vegan fried chicken sandwich is one of my low carb vegan recipes. It clocks in with 12g of carb and 3g of fiber, resulting in a net carb balance of 9g per patty.
Of course, the bun will add some carbs so you can decide if you want to go there or not. Eventually I’ll provide you with a vegan low carb bun option as well.
Do you love vegan sandwiches? Me too! You should check out some of my favorite vegan sandwich recipes.
For example, my Vegan French Dip Sandwich is easy to make and OH so tasty! And while we’re talking about decadence, you cannot deny that my Ultimate Veggie Burger sandwich is, well, the ultimate in burgers. It is an indulgence that we love to go to for special occasions.
So grab a coke, pop in some Stevie Ray Vaughan, and enjoy this vegan, new agey twist on a classic American sandwich.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 4 Gardein Chick’n Scallopini patties
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings of choice
- Set the Gardein pieces out to thaw.
- In a bowl combine the flour, onions, garlic powder, and oregano.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, flaxseed and 1 tablespoon olive oi.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add remaining olive oil.
- Dredge each vegan chicken patty through the almond milk mixture, followed by the almond meal mixture. Place in heated skillet.
- Fry the chick’n until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate covered with paper towels.
- Place finished chick’n pieces on buns, top with slaw, mayo, and other favorite toppings such as pickles.d