Get out your forks for this loaded Copycat Vegan Oreo Cheesecake recipe with a cookie crust and cookies throughout. Be prepared for awesome! Upgrade your standard cheesecake with this vegan cheesecake full of Oreo crumbles in the crust and throughout the cheesecake too. It’s a total dessert bliss celebration of delicious!
Cheesecake is one of those things that people bring up right away after learning you’re vegan. Well, that is after the typical, “where do you get your protein” question. We vegans get that one a LOT!
And then comes a litany of questions about what you do and don’t eat. “Do you eat fish?” No. They roll their eyes a little and proceed to the next question. “Do you eat chicken?” No. Some more eye rolling followed by, “Do you eat cheesecake?” Now that, you see is a trick question. Because, well, we DO eat cheesecake, but it’s not the kind made from cream cheese a la the dairy cow.
Vegans have several options when it comes to answering this question, and just to prove my point, here’s my Vegan Oreo Cheesecake. You may want to grab a chair…and a fork!
Besides, tasty vegan oreo desserts is a favorite for many vegans!
How to Make a Vegan Cheesecake
It’s easy to make an Oreo cheesecake vegan. In fact, it takes about the same number of ingredients and time as making any other cheesecake. The recipe below is a great guide, but if you’re like me, it helps to be able to see it happening.
That’s why we created a video showing how to make vegan cheesecake. This video shows how we make our Vegan New York Cheesecake, but it’s a similar process. Feel free to watch this vegan cheesecake video and then follow the instructions below to transform it to the Vegan Copycat Oreo Cheesecake.
Have you ever found yourself thinking that vegans live a sad life—of sacrifice and desolation; sackcloth and ashes; devoid of any pleasure? If so, I ask you to take a moment and contemplate the Oreo. It may not be the hoodoo of health, but it is one of the store-bought guilty pleasures vegans can enjoy.
And who doesn’t like a guilty pleasure or two? Pleasure is definitely the theme of today’s post as I introduce to you the Vegan Copycat Oreo Cheesecake.
From beginning to end, this was a fun recipe to put together!
Why You’ll Love Vegan Copycat Oreo Cheesecake
When Roxanne of Roxanne’s Home Baking asked several of us to participate in her Annual Cheesecake Day celebration, I couldn’t pass down the temptation to participate. And having just published a super healthy Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake for Fourth of July, I decided this one should be, um, a little more decadent.
I wanted to make an extra special recipe, and that’s why this Vegan Copycat Oreo Cheesecake came to mind. It took several tries to get the right vegan cheesecake together and then adding the Oreos was just icing on the cake…so to speak.
If you love creamy, decadent desserts, then this Vegan Copycat Oreo Cheesecake is right up your alley. Also, if you feel like you chose the vegan path and as a result gave up things like decadent desserts, think again.
This vegan copycat Oreo cheesecake requires tofu. How do you feel about that? I know I was really nervous about working with tofu the first time.
Oh, to be honest, it was several times before I began to feel comfortable with it. But today? Well, now I feel like a pro…and you can too! It just takes practice.
What’s This Recipe Missing?
This Vegan Oreo Cheesecake recipe isn’t quite right…and it’s because it needs more of you. That’s right, every recipe could use a little more of you in it, to give it that extra special touch. If you’re not used to playing with your food and you’d like some help getting the ball rolling, here’s some ideas for how I’d change this recipe:
- Add some cocoa powder to the cheesecake batter to make a chocolate Oreo cheesecake. Yum.
- I’ve been toying around with adding a little bit of nutritional yeast flakes to the batter to add a little bit of the egg flavor you typically find in a traditional cheesecake.
- Crumble some chopped roasted peanuts over the top
- Make a gluten free Oreo cheesecake by using gluten free Oreos (or gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies)
- While you’re at it, be sure to drizzle with some chocolate syrup
- A dollop of Vegan Coconut Cream would be very nice too!
Vegans Can Eat Dessert!
I like to prove that vegans have a varied diet. Yes, it’s true, I eat my fair share of salads. And you know what? I love them! Add steamed green beans, edamame, sautéed Brussels sprouts and every other kind of green food you can think of and I will confess that I love them too.
I just like to add some decadence to my vegan life too. I mean check out these Vegan Black Bean Fudgy Brownies. That may be the ultimate in both decadence and health!
Love Vegan Oreo Dessert Recipes?
Sure, you love this Vegan Oreo Cheesecake, but doesn’t that just whet your whistle for even more Oreo vegan desserts? Well, you’re in luck because here are some more tasty recipes to sink your teeth into:
- Everyone loves these Vegan Crack Brownies, with lots of Oreos too!
- These Oreo Balls are so simple and so delicious!
- Have some fun with these Boozy Oreo Treats
- Make some Homemade Oreos Cookies too!
- Use an Oreo cookie crust with this Vegan Banana Cream Pie for the ultimate in delicious!
- Speaking of Oreo cookie crusts, this Vegan Peanut Butter Pie is perfection!
Of course, if you’re looking for a Monday through Friday sweet treat, you might find my favorite way of eating dessert includes Frozen Banana Bites or Raw Vegan Cheesecake or even my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites. They’re fresh, and healthy types of desserts.
But every now and then I like to slip on the indulgent side of vegan. Because I believe being vegan is not a one-dimensional, stagnant way to live.
So, hold on to your hats and get out your forks and join me in having a slice of this Vegan Oreo Cheesecake…or maybe even two!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Oreo Vegan Cheesecake
- 25 Oreo cookies or 1½ cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons coconut oil
Vegan Cheesecake Filling
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 15 oz can coconut milk (I used full fat coconut milk)
- 2 14 oz containers vegan cream cheese
- 14 oz container silken tofu
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 10-12 Oreos roughly chopped for the batter
- 10-12 Oreos roughly chopped for the topping
For the Crust:
- Place the whole cookies (filling and alin a food processor and pulse until the cookies resemble a coarse crumbly flour. Add the coconut oil and pulse for another second or two to combine.
- Press the cookie crumb crust into an 8″ springform pan. Distribute evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
For the Vegan Cream Cheese Filling:
- Place the raw cashews and the coconut milk in a food processor. Feel free to use the same one you used for the crust. Pulse the food processor for several seconds to break down the cashews. Open the lid and stir down any ingredients that might have risen to the top of the bowl. Now pulse for several seconds, up to a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vegan cream cheese and extra firm tofu and pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Next add the sugar, corn starch, margarine, and vanilla. Pulse for several seconds, up to a minute until you have a nice, creamy mixture.
- I have only a medium-sized food processor so at this point mine was getting kind of full. If that’s the case for you, transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the flour and stir to combine.
- Add the 10-12 roughly chopped Oreos and give it one more stir to combine. Set aside.
- Turn your oven to 325F while you let the filling settle for a few minutes.
- When the oven is ready, pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust and spread the 10-12 roughly chopped Oreos over the top.
- I baked my cheesecake in a water bath which means I covered the bottom of the pan in aluminum foil, placed this in a roasting pan and carefully poured boiling water in the roasting pan, up to ¼” of the pan. Here’s a great video on giving your cheesecake a water bath.
- Bake your cheesecake for 60 minutes and then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before placing in the fridge. I recommend letting the cheesecake cool for at least four hours (or even a full dabefore slicing and serving.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Come celebrate National Cheesecake with me and my friends. Check out all these amazing cheesecake recipes!
- New York Style Cheesecake from Urban Bakes
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neopolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- Make this No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- Go for a slice of this No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust.