This Best Vegan Green Hummus Recipe makes a flavorful spread or dip to serve with chopped veggies or chips. Homemade Hummus recipes are easy to make and oftentimes more flavorful than store-bought varieties. Make this recipe for hummus with minimal ingredients and loads of flavor today!
I thought it was time for a greens-infused Green Hummus recipe. Bright green goodness…served on a cracker! If you’re into hummus recipes as much as we are, take a look at our Vegan Smoky Hummus recipe. Or maybe you’d like to try my Vegan Carrot Hummus.
How to Make Green Hummus Recipe
It’s easy to make the best hummus recipe! Begin with combining these hummus ingredients in a food processor:
- tahini (sesame seed butter)
- garlic powder
- lemon juice
- tamari or soy sauce
- olive oil
- power greens, such as spinach, kale, and/or chard.
Pulse these ingredients for a few seconds. Then use a spatula to push down any ingredients from the side of the bowl and pulse again. Repeat this process until you have a desired consistency.
Transfer to a bowl and serve with chips, crackers, pita bread, and/or chopped veggies.
If you’re unfamiliar with tahini, this article from Health talks about how to use tahini in your cooking. You can find tahini in the International or Health Food Aisles of grocery stores.
Homemade Hummus Recipe
I love having this homemade hummus recipe on-hand to serve to guests. Because it’s so colorful, people are drawn to it! You can also serve this healthy hummus recipe as a spread in place of mayo on veggie burgers.
Flavored hummus recipes are easy to make and full of flavor! I’ve even served hummus as a topping for pasta!
Sometimes a creamy hummus recipe can be a bit too garlicky. It’s great while you’re eating it, but can leave your breath a little tangy. So this recipe for hummus is high on the spinach and low on the garlic.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Green Monster Hummus
- 15 ounce can chickpeas , drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 -3 cups chopped raw power greens
- Pour all hummus ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well-combined. (Begin with 1/4 cup of water and add more if you’d like a thinner hummus)
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl and then process until you achieve a fine consistency.
- Pour the hummus into a serving bowl and garnish with olive oil, pine nuts, and sliced black olives. Serve with pita bread or your favorite crackers.
That’s it! See? Another simple and delicious vegan (and gluten-free) recipe that will fancy your checkbook, waistline, and even your taste buds.