You’ll love these 20+ best Vegan Strawberry Recipes just in time for spring and summer dining. Strawberry season means fresh strawberry recipes. These berries make a perfect addition to a healthy diet and you’ll want to make all of these tasty recipes. You’ll enjoy frozen desserts, baked goods, and even savory recipes, all with strawberries!
Shawn and I love strawberries. We add them to our Green Smoothies or serve them sliced with some Coconut Whipped Cream on top. It’s an example of how simple can sometimes be best! If you’ve ever found yourself with a big batch of beautiful strawberries and wondering what to do with them, you can’t go wrong with these amazing vegan recipes using strawberries.
Here are our favorite vegan strawberry recipes divided into several sections to make it easy for you to find your favorite!
Baked Vegan Strawberry Recipes
Vegan Strawberry Cake
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
Vegan Strawberry Banana Bread
Strawberry Chocolate Bars
Easy Neapolitan Bars
Chilled and Frozen Strawberry Recipes
If you need your strawberries recipes easy, we’re ready to deliver. We’ll begin with these simple strawberry recipes served chilled or frozen.
This vegan frozen yogurt is a creamy dessert you can make in the blender with only 5 ingredients. Making frozen yogurt from scratch is easy!
This vegan strawberry pie has a buttery crust filled with fresh strawberries, smothered in a tasty sauce. Serve it with vegan whipped cream.
The easiest dessert, this 2-ingredient banana nice cream is so good! Forget the ice cream maker, all you need is a freezer and a blender.
Make some creamy Coconut Whipped Cream and serve it with fresh fruit, on chocolate pudding, and more! It’s a vegan, paleo, and keto dessert!
You’ll love having this fresh, lightly sweet strawberry purée on hand. Drizzle it over ice cream, waffles, pancakes, and even yogurt!
Stuffed Strawberries are a creamy, healthy party dessert. Dairy-free, vegan stuffed strawberries are also a great low-carb keto option, too.
Strawberry Beverages and Smoothies
Wondering what to make with strawberries? How about drinking them? That’s right, everyone loves recipes with fresh strawberries. And now you can drink in the goodness of fresh strawberries with these beverages and smoothies recipes.
This nutritious strawberry matcha smoothie is a delicious and healthy way to start your day. You can also enjoy it as a mid-day pick-me-up.
This creamy mixed berry smoothie features strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Serve it for breakfast, snacktime, or dessert!
Strawberry Savory Dishes
You might not automatically think of savory dishes when it comes to quick strawberry recipes, but you should! Here are some delicious savory recipes for strawberries for you to try.
Strawberry Breakfast Recipes
Make these strawberry breakfast recipes to get your day started just right. Beginning with chia jam that can be made with a variety of fruit, including strawberries, you’ll love serving these tasty treats for breakfast!
Make your own dried strawberries, making use of ripe berries. Dehydrated strawberries can be made in an oven, air fryer, or even a microwave.
Make this tasty berry-infused chia seed jam as a healthy alternative to store-bought jams. It’s made with only 3 ingredients — it’s so easy!
These fruity pancakes are loaded with bananas, ground flaxseeds, berries, and more! Serve them with your favorite toppings like maple syrup.
Can you freeze fresh strawberries?
You can freeze fresh strawberries either whole, sliced, diced, or crushed. To freeze strawberries, lay them flat on a tray. Place that tray in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag and return it to the freezer. This process prevents frozen strawberries from becoming one solid, frozen mass. Strawberries will keep in the freezer up to 3 months.
How do you prepare fresh strawberries?
When preparing fresh strawberries, rinse them first, then either dry them using a kitchen towel or place them in a colander. Use a paring knife to remove the green cap (hull) Discard the cap. Then slice the strawberries. Add sugar or sweetener, or serve it au natural.
How do you make a strawberry drink?
It’s easy to blend strawberries into your favorite drinks and smoothies. You can also create strawberry juice or puree to add to your favorite cocktails and even sangrias.
If you’re looking for things to do with strawberries, this list of the best strawberry recipes should do it!. Are you ready to get out the strawberries yet? Me too!
Whichever of these vegan recipes you make — enjoy!
20 Vegan Strawberry Recipes + Vegan Strawberry Cake
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops natural food coloring (pink or red)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. If using a 9×13 baking pan, grease and flour the bottom and sides of the pan. If using two 9-inch cake pans, grease bottoms and sides of the pan and cut rounds out of parchment paper to place in the bottom of the pans. Then grease the parchment too.
- Prepare Strawberry Reduction: Wash strawberries and cut off the stems. Place them in a food processor and pulse in short bursts until the strawberries are broken down in a thick slurry, with some strawberry chunks. Pour this into a saucepan over medium heat until it simmers. Turn heat down to low and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until this mixture reduces to approximately ½ cup. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the cake.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the water, vegetable oil, extract, apple cider vinegar, cooled strawberry mixture, and natural food coloring (if using). Stir to combine. You might need to mash the strawberry reduction to get it to separate a bit.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until there are no visible clumps of flour in the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan(s). For the 9×13 pan, bake for 45 to 50 minutes. For the two round cake pans, bake for 30 to 35 minutes. A tester inserted in the middle of the cake should come out mostly clean and the edges of the cake should pull away slightly from the pan.
For the Strawberry Frosting
- User a mixer to whip the vegan butter until light. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and mix together. The mixture will be clumpy. Add the extract and one mashed strawberry. Mix again to combine and add a second strawberry if necessary to get a spreadable consistency. You can also add a drop of red or pink food coloring if you desire more color. Add optional chopped dried strawberries for more strawberry pop.
- If using a 9×13" pan: Allow the cake to cool completely before applying a generous layer of frosting over the top.
- If using round cake pans: Allow the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to score around the edge of the pan, then invert cakes onto separate plates. Set aside to cool completely. Place a layer of frosting on top of one of the cakes, top with the second cake, and then do one of the following 1) add more frosting on the top (creaking a "naked" cake with frosting between the layers and on the top), or 2) frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Topping: Add freshly-sliced strawberries to each serving for that special touch.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.