Cookies are a favorite in our household. And we like ’em all! We love the crispy shortbread cookie, especially the ones dipped in chocolate! And we like the ultimate chewy Coconut Macaroon. And I thought I’d made every variety of chocolate chip cookie possible, until today. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and full of character and charm, you’re going to love these vegan Teddy Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies.
There are a lot of accidentally vegan products out there. Teddy Grahams just happen to be one of them.
And it’s not just any Teddy Grahams either. I counted at least four flavor profiles for Teddy Grahams and only one of them is technically vegan. The Chocolate Chip Teddy Graham.
Hurry. Go buy some now. I’ll wait! 🙂
I like to keep a box (or two) of these around to eat as snacks, to serve as a sweet cracker, or even to make pie crusts from.
And then one day I thought…why not add them to a cookie!
Teddy Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies add an Adorability aspect to the typical chocolate chip cookie. Because, you know, cookies are a well-respected member of the dessert community. They’ve taken on some serious ingredients, like cream cheese. Yes, it’s true. If you need proof, check out my Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies. And cheddar cheese. Case in point? Peanut Butter Cheddar Cheese Cookies.
But there are times when a cookie just needs to be…adorable.
How to Make Teddy Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s not as if the science of making the perfect cookie is unknown. A cookie is basically a small, sweet baked good usually comprised of flour, sugar, fat, and other ingredients. Tessa, in her post on the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie, shared some of the secrets of making the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
So, once you get the basics down, making a batch of these Teddy Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies, is simply about adding the best “other” ingredients possible!
I used lots of chocolate chips in these cookies. My favorite tip is to mix some of the chocolate chips into the batter, but also reserving some to roll the dough balls in before baking. That ensures lots of chocolate chips on the top of the cookies too. Makes them look extra tasty! Then I smushed a Teddy Graham right on the top of each cookie for added cuteness too.
Also, these cookies work perfectly for freezing. If you’re interested in making frozen cookie dough balls, I’ve shared some tips on that as well.
These Teddy Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- delicious! (I couldn’t think of a “c” word there)
Teddy Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 starchy flax egg 1 T ground flax seeds, 1 T cornstarch, 3 T water
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2-3 cups Chocolate Chip Teddy Grahams
- Heat your oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light.
- Scoop to one side and add the starchy flax egg ingredients. Stir to combine. Then incorporate this and the vanilla into the peanut butter mix and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and Teddy Grahams to the mixture, reserving some of each for topping each cookie.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto your prepared cookie sheet, about 1.5" apart. Add additional chocolate chips to the top of each cookie and top with a Teddy Graham.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes (depending on your preference for chewy or crispy cookie) and remove from the oven. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- Make the entire batch of cookies or make a partial batch today and freeze the rest of the cookie dough to make more fresh cookies later.