There are all kinds of fiestas in this word. There’s the Fiesta Bowl. The Ford Fiesta. Fiesta Casinos. Oh, and there’s the Fiesta Familia! Yes, our family fiesta. That happens just about any time we fix this completely delicious, utterly addictive Vegan 7-Layer Dip.
Vegans and non-vegans alike dive into this Vegan 7-Layer Dip because each layer of flavor is delicious and there are seven of them! It’s ridiculous. And that’s why I love it so.
Mostly we make this dip for parties. But every now and then we’ll just make it to have here at home. And when we do? I dine on nothing but 7-Layer Dip for days. It’s heavenly.
How to Make Vegan 7 Layer Dip
As you can see from the recipe below, this is really more of a 8 or 10 layer dip, depending on how you want to define a layer. I think 7 just has a much nicer ring to it, so I’m going with that.
This vegan 7 layer dip is relatively easy to make. Simply spread fat-free refried beans in the bottom of your serving dish and then top it with layers of seasoned veggie crumbles, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, guacamole, chopped tomatoes and more.
Of course, if you’re like me and prefer things extra spicy, then be sure and have some hot sauce on the side!
I encourage you to make this vegan 7 layer dip, make it often, and to be sure to call for reinforcement if you don’t make it back out within a given timeframe! If you decide to make it, take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. We sure love seeing your photos!
Vegan Seven-Layer Mexican Dip
- 1 package veggie meat crumbles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 8 oz vegan sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole We use Wholly Guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 2.25 oz can black olives chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In a large skillet, brown soy crumbles in olive oil. Add the taco seasoning. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the beans in a blender or food processor with 1/2 cup of the salsa. Blend for about 15 - 20 seconds, until the beans are the consistency of refried beans.
- Layer the following in a serving dish:
- Spread the beans into the bottom of serving tray that is about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded soy cheese on top of beans.
- Sprinkle taco-flavored soy crumbles on top of cheese.
- Spread sour cream very slowly on top of soy crumbles.
- Spread guacamole on top of sour cream.
- Pour salsa over guacamole and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle black olives
- That completes your seven layers, but it's not "really" complete until you garnish it with a sprinkling of chopped tomatoes and green onions. This part is completely optional, but highly recommended. We serve it right away, but you it's also good after having been stored in the fridge.
Mexican 7 Layer Dips
If you’re into Mexican 7 layer dips, you might like some other salsa-themed dips, such as my Easy Vegan Queso Dip. This recipe requires only a few ingredients and a few minutes to throw together!
Easy Vegan Queso Dip. That’s right – less than 10 ingredients and 10 minutes makes it SO easy!
Then there’s my gluten-free Sweet Potato Seven Layer Dip. To say this recipe is delicious is an understatement. It’s definitely one to make on repeat.
This Sweet Potato Seven Layer Dip is so good, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Whatever dip you’re noshing on, enjoy!