A Mexican layered vegan 7 Layer Dip recipe is an easy dip recipe perfect for parties. Vegan Seven Layer Dip is made with minimal ingredients, with a bean dip base topped with guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salsa, and more. This easy layered taco dip recipe is serve with tortilla chips or corn chips. See tips for making this vegetarian dip gluten-free as well.
There are all kinds of fiestas in this word. There’s the Fiesta Bowl. The Ford Fiesta. Fiesta Casinos. Oh, and there’s the Fiesta Familia! Yes, our family fiesta. That happens just about any time we fix this completely delicious, utterly addictive Vegan 7-Layer Dip.
Vegans, vegetarians, and and omnivores alike dive into this Vegan 7-Layer Dip because each layer of flavor is delicious and there are seven of them! It’s ridiculously good!
I made this bean dip recipe vegan and it’s amazing! I love serving it for parties. But every now and then we’ll just make it to have here at home. And when we do? I dine on nothing but 7-Layer Dip for days. It’s heavenly.
How to Make Vegan 7 Layer Dip
As you can see from the recipe below, this is really more of a 8 or 10 layer dip, depending on how you want to define a layer. I think 7 just has a much nicer ring to it, so I’m going with that.
This vegetarian 7 layer dip is relatively easy to make. Simply spread fat-free refried beans in the bottom of your serving dish and then top it with layers in this order: seasoned veggie crumbles, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, guacamole, chopped tomatoes and more.
Of course, if you’re like me and prefer things extra spicy, then be sure and have some hot sauce on the side!
How long does Seven Layer Dip last in the refrigerator?
Cover your seven-layer dip with plastic wrap or keep in a sealed container. When properly stored, it should last up to 4 days in the fridge.
Do you warm up 7 Layer Dip?
Some people serve seven Layer Dip baked. That’s referred to as Hot Seven Layer Dip. To do this, layer the vegetarian refried beans on the bottom, topped by the seasoned veggie crumbles, and then topped with the cheese. Bake this in an oven at 375F° for about 15 – 20 minutes, until the beans are hot and the cheese has melted. Then remove from the oven and add the remaining layers of toppings.
Can you make 7 Layer Dip the night before?
You can easily make this layered dip the night before a big event, as the flavor gets better as it sits overnight. This vegan bean dip recipe is best when served within 24 hours of being made.
Can you make Seven Layer Dip without guacamole?
You can make 7 Layer Dip without guacamole. You could always find another creamy layer to add, like warmed cream cheese combined with salsa.
Either way it’s a perfect vegan chip dip for watching football!
Change things up by serving this Black Bean Dip as a base instead of the pinto refried bean base. I love how versatile vegan dips can be!
That’s it for this fabulous taco dip!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Seven-Layer Mexican Dip
- 1 package veggie meat crumbles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 8 oz vegan sour cream
- 1 cup vegan guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 2.25 oz can black olives chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In a large skillet, brown soy crumbles in olive oil. Add the taco seasoning. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the beans in a blender or food processor with 1/2 cup of the salsa. Blend for about 15 – 20 seconds, until the beans are the consistency of refried beans.
- Layer the following in a serving dish:
- Spread the beans into the bottom of serving tray that is about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded soy cheese on top of beans.
- Sprinkle taco-flavored soy crumbles on top of cheese.
- Stir vegan sour cream (and consider adding a little plant-based milk if it’s super thick). Then carefully spread sour cream across top of veggie crumbles.
- Spread guacamole on top of sour cream.
- Pour salsa over guacamole and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle black olives
- That completes your seven layers, but it’s not “really” complete until you garnish it with a sprinkling of chopped tomatoes and green onions. This part is completely optional, but highly recommended. We serve it right away, but you it’s also good after having been stored in the fridge.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you’re into Mexican dip, you might like some more vegan dip recipes. Take, for example, taco dips, such as my Easy Vegan Queso Dip. This recipe requires only a few ingredients and a few minutes to throw together!
Easy Vegan Queso Dip. That’s right – less than 10 ingredients and 10 minutes makes it SO easy!
Then there’s my Vegan Taco Dip. It’s super easy and oh so delicious! It’s a delicious vegan veggie dip!
This Vegan Taco Dip is so good, you’ll want to make it again and again! Top it witch chopped cherry tomatoes or fresh salsa!
Whatever dip you’re noshing on, enjoy!