This is the best guacamole recipe because it’s quick and easy to make, made with minimal ingredients and so flavorful! Some guacamole recipes call for dairy in the form of sour cream, but this is a dairy-free guac recipe. Make sure you’ve got the ingredients on hand so you can make this homemade guacamole recipe any time! This is a vegan, keto and paleo recipe!
Avocados are on sale so that means we bought a bunch and made some of our Best Vegan Guacamole! We serve it on burritos, with vegan quesadillas, and salads. Sometimes we’ll have guac with a bowl of tortilla chips.
However you slice it, avocados seasoned in just the right way are great! Do you like good vegan Mexican food? So do we! Here’s our recipe for easy Vegan Chicken Taquitos. Or maybe you’ll love my Vegan 7 Layer Dip. So good!
How to Select the Best Avocados
Avocados. They’re so good. When you’ve got the right one, they slice up just like butter. And they taste all creamy and delicious. I love adding them by the slice to my salads. We even include them on sandwiches. Take, for example, our Vegan Chicken Sandwich. See those avocados? They really add a lot!
I love these tips from The Kitchn on how to pick the best avocados. Basically, look under the stem (it looks almost like a seed at the end of the avocado). If it comes off easily and it’s green underneath, you’ve got a perfect avocado!
But every now and then you want some guacamole to go with your bean burritos or served with tortilla chips. There’s at least a thousand ways to make guacamole, but did you know some recipes are not vegan? That’s right, some recipes include sour cream. We don’t eat dairy products so we oftentimes ending up making our own best vegan guacamole, just to play it safe.
Besides, we happen to really love this best vegan guacamole recipe!
How to Make Guacamole
First, it’s important to note that not all guacamoles are vegan. Some people put sour cream in them. We personally think avocados are creamy enough so we make ours without adding any cream at all.
The results? Well, there’s a reason we call this the best vegan guacamole!
To make this guac recipe, cut two avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh into a serving dish. Use a fork to mash the avocados.
Next, add garlic powder, lime juice, chopped red onion, and stir to combine. Then add salt to taste and stir again. Top with chopped cherry tomatoes.
Why You’ll Love Best Vegan Guacamole
I almost want to say, what’s not to love, but I won’t do it. Because that’s being kind of lazy. In reality, there’s a lot to love with this recipe, straight from the chunky avocados to slices of tender cherry tomatoes, added for color and texture.
To be completely honest, if I had it my way I’d add cilantro, but Shawn doesn’t like the stuff. Yep, he’s one of those people. Gotta love him! 🙂
This time of year I take my herbs outdoors (I keep them in containers so I can bring them in during the winter), and I’ll start a new pot with cilantro. I love to have it on-hand so I can add a little bit of cilantro here and there. Because I’m a cilantro lover. You know what they say? Opposites attract!
This recipe is so fresh and easy to make. We try to keep avocados at the ready so we can make this best vegan guacamole when the mood hits us. Which is often!
Use these tips and trips to make this vegan guacamole recipe perfect every time:
- Some people prefer fresh garlic others think it’s too strong. Here’s a tip, remove the center vein from a piece of fresh garlic and it helps take some of the tangy taste out. That said we use garlic powder to keep the flavor of garlic tamped down a bit.
- You could also cook fresh garlic, just for a couple of minutes, and only at medium heat (you never want to burn garlic), to soften the garlic flavor
- Add a teaspoon or two of chopped cilantro for even more garden fresh flavor. Cilantro is a very divisive ingredient, with some people hating it. If you want to add some garden fresh flavors to your guacamole without cilantro, chop of some fresh chives or parsley and stir it in. It really makes a big difference.
- I like things spicy so I could see adding some finely chopped jalapeños
- Don’t like tomatoes in your guac? It’s no problem, just leave them out
- Store guac in an airtight container. Alternatively, add a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the guac to reduce oxygen, which can cause browning.
I think this best Vegan Guacamole would be great served with a bag of tortilla chips and some Hibiscus Margaritas. Mmm. Mmm. Good!
We hope you love this recipe for Best Vegan Guacamole. I know we sure do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red onion . minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cherry tomatoes . chopped
- Chop the avocado in half and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mash it.
- Add the garlic powder, lime juice, red onion, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.