Avocados are on sale so that means we bought a bunch and made some of our Best Vegan Guacamole! We serve this on burritos, with vegan quesadillas, an salads, and sometimes simply with a bowl of tortilla chips. However you slice it, avocados seasoned in just the right way are great! Do you like good vegan Mexican food? So do we! Here’s our recipe for easy Vegan Chicken Taquitos. Or maybe you’ll love my Vegan 7 Layer Dip. So good!
Avocados. They’re so good. When you’ve got the right one, they slice up just like butter. And they taste all creamy and delicious. I love adding them by the slice to my salads. We even include them on sandwiches. Take, for example, our Vegan Chicken Sandwich. See those avocados? They really add a lot!
But every now and then you want some guacamole to go with your bean burritos or served with tortilla chips. There’s at least a thousand ways to make guacamole, but did you know some recipes are not vegan? That’s right, some recipes include sour cream. We don’t eat dairy products so we oftentimes ending up making our own best vegan guacamole, just to play it safe.
Besides, we happen to really love this best vegan guacamole recipe!
How Do You Make Vegan Guacamole?
First, it’s important to note that not all guacamoles are vegan. Some people put sour cream in them. We personally think avocados are creamy enough so we make ours without adding any cream at all. The results? Well, there’s a reason we call this the best vegan guacamole!
Why You’ll Love Best Vegan Guacamole
I almost want to say, what’s not to love, but I won’t do it. Because that’s being kind of lazy. In reality, there’s a lot to love with this recipe, straight from the chunky avocados to slices of tender cherry tomatoes, added for color and texture.
To be completely honest, if I had it my way I’d add cilantro, but Shawn doesn’t like the stuff. Yep, he’s one of those people. Gotta love him! 🙂
This time of year I take my herbs outdoors (I keep them in containers so I can bring them in during the winter), and I’ll start a new pot with cilantro. I love to have it on-hand so I can add a little bit of cilantro here and there. Because I’m a cilantro lover. You know what they say? Opposites attract!
This recipe is so fresh and easy to make. We try to keep avocados at the ready so we can make this best vegan guacamole when the mood hits us. Which is often!
Be The Change
Do you ever look at a recipe and desire some change? Me too! In fact, I think most recipes are made to be tweaked. I say, be the change. Go for it! However, if you need some help getting things started, here are some ideas for changing this recipe up a little:
- Some people find fresh garlic too strong, but here’s a tip, remove the center vein from a piece of garlic and it helps take some of the tangy taste out
- You can also cook the chopped garlic, just for a couple of minutes, and only at medium heat (you never want to burn garlic), to soften the garlic flavor
- If you’re not fond of cilantro but want to add some garden fresh flavors to your guacamole, chop of some fresh chives or parsley and stir it in. It really makes a big difference.
- I like things spicy so I could see adding some finely chopped jalapeños
- I can’t help but think adding some sesame seeds or chia seeds would add some nice pop to this guacamole
- Don’t like tomatoes in your guac? It’s no problem, just leave them out!
What do you think? See anything you like? If so, run with it and see where it takes you. That’s my favorite way to spend time in the kitchen — being creative and trying new things. I think this best Vegan Guacamole would be great served with a bag of tortilla chips and some Hibiscus Margaritas. Mmm. Mmm. Good!
We hope you love this recipe for Best Vegan Guacamole. I know we sure do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 clove Garlic Peeled and Minced
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice Fresh or Bottled
- 1 tablespoon Red Onion Minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- Remove the peel and pit. Then chop the avocado and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mash it.
- Add the garlic, lime juice, red onion, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you’re curious about recipes you can use with guacamole, check these out:
- Guacamole Rice Salad by Simple Vegan Kitchen
- Vegan Guacamole Potato Skins by 40 Aprons
- Guacamole Stuffed Rolls by Green Evi
- Or how about adding my guacamole to these Loaded Vegan Nachos!
Whatever guacamole you’re grabbing, enjoy!