This easy Vegan Guacamole Recipe is so quick and delicious! This guacamole is made with minimal ingredients and yet so flavorful! Some super simple guacamole recipes call for dairy in the form of sour cream, but this is a dairy-free guac recipe. We keep this homemade guacamole recipe easy by using simple ingredients you’ve probably got on hand! This simple Guacamole Dip recipe makes a delicious vegan, keto and paleo great guacamole recipe!
Avocados are on sale so that means we bought a bunch and made some of our best Vegan Guacamole recipe! We serve it on burritos, with vegan quesadillas, and salads. Sometimes we’ll serve this best guac recipe with a bowl of tortilla chips.
However you slice it, avocados seasoned in just the right way are great! Do you like good vegan Mexican food? So do we! Here’s our recipe for easy Vegan Taquitos. Or maybe you’ll love my Vegan 7 Layer Dip. So good!
How to Select the Best Avocados
Avocados. They’re so good. When you’ve got the right one, they slice up just like butter. And they taste all creamy and delicious. I love adding them by the slice to my salads. We even include them on sandwiches. Take, for example, our Vegan Chicken Sandwich. See those avocados? They really add a lot!
I love these tips from The Kitchn on how to pick the best avocados. Basically, look under the stem (it looks almost like a seed at the end of the avocado). If it comes off easily and it’s green underneath, you’ve got a perfect avocado!
But every now and then you want a great vegetarian guacamole recipe to go with your bean burritos or served with tortilla chips. There’s at least a thousand ways to make guacamole, but did you know some recipes are not vegan? That’s right, some recipes include sour cream. We don’t eat dairy products so we oftentimes ending up making vegan guacamole recipes, just to play it safe.
Besides, we happen to really love this super easy guacamole recipe!
What ingredients are in guacamole?
If you’re curious about how do you make guacamole dip, here are the ingredients for guacamole: two avocados, garlic powder, lime juice, and chopped red onions.
How to Make Guacamole Dip Recipe
Wondering how to make vegan guacamole? Well, that’s what we’re talking about today! And even more, you may be wondering, how to make vegan Chipotle guacamole! Trust me, I’m right there with ya! I love their guac! And this recipe is very similar to theirs. Add a little bit of chopped cilantro to get it just right!
The results? Well, there’s a reason we love this best vegan guac recipe! So, let’s begin!
Simply cut two avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh into a serving dish. Use a fork to mash the avocados.
Next, add garlic powder, lime juice, chopped red onion, and stir to combine. Then add salt to taste and stir again. Top with chopped cherry tomatoes. I love adding the lime juice to create a tangy guacamole!
Is guacamole vegan?
Guacamole is vegan if it is made without dairy. Some restaurants and/or brands will add sour cream to their guacamole. If it’s a non-dairy sour cream, then it is vegan guacamole. You’ll see in the recipe below, I have not used any form of sour cream. I think avocados are creamy enough on their own — no sour cream needed!
Read labels and always ask at restaurants if they’re serving vegan guac!
Why You’ll Love Best Vegan Guacamole
There’s a lot to love about making guacamole, all the way from the chunky avocados to slices of tender cherry tomatoes added for color and texture.
To be completely honest, if I had it my way I’d add cilantro, but Shawn doesn’t like the stuff. Yep, he’s one of those people. Gotta love him! 🙂
This time of year I take my herbs outdoors (I keep them in containers so I can bring them in during the winter), and I’ll start a new pot with cilantro. I love to have it on-hand so I can add a little bit of cilantro here and there. Because I’m a cilantro lover. You know what they say? Opposites attract!
This recipe is so fresh and easy to make. We try to keep avocados at the ready so we can make this best vegan guacamole when the mood hits us. Which is often!
Use these tips and trips to create this raw guacamole recipe best every time:
- Some people prefer fresh garlic in their avocado dip vegan recipe. Others think it’s too strong. Here’s a tip, remove the center vein from a piece of fresh garlic and it helps take some of the tangy taste out. That said we use garlic powder to keep the flavor of garlic tamped down a bit.
- Another alternative would be to add some of the tender garlic from my Garlic Confit recipe! The flavor of the garlic is much more mild.
- Wondering how to make guac even better? You could cook fresh garlic, just for a couple of minutes, and only at medium heat (you never want to burn garlic), to soften the garlic flavor.
- Add a teaspoon or two of chopped cilantro for even more garden fresh flavor. Cilantro is a very divisive ingredient, with some people hating it. If you want to add some garden fresh flavors to your perfect avocado guacamole without cilantro, chop of some fresh chives or parsley and stir it in. It really makes a big difference.
- I like things spicy so I could see adding some finely chopped jalapeños
- Don’t like tomatoes in your guac? It’s no problem, just leave them out
- Store homemade guac in an airtight container. Alternatively, add a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the guac to reduce oxygen, which can cause browning.
I think this best avocado dip should be served with a bag of tortilla chips and some Hibiscus Margaritas. Mmm. Mmm. Good!
We hope you love this recipe for the Best Vegan Guacamole ever! I know we sure do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red onion . minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cherry tomatoes . chopped
- Chop the avocado in half and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mash it.
- Add the garlic powder, lime juice, red onion, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.