Smooth and creamy, you’ll love this Vegan Skinny Piña Colada Cocktail. I make it with less than 10 ingredients and no refined sugars. That’s right. It’s naturally sweetened and another bonus? It comes in around 160 calories!
This is a dreamy, creamy Vegan Skinny Piña Colada Cocktail. I’m also sharing even more piña colada recipes from some of my favorite food blog friends too! If you like the pineapple and the coconut (and yes, a little lime too), you will love my Vegan Piña Colada Smoothie recipe too!
I have never really been much of a drinker. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, if I had the kind of self-control about chocolate like I do with alcohol, my jeans would fit better.
What I have learned though, is that I like alcoholic beverages more when they’re not so sweet. I mean, seriously, some cocktails are off the charts sweet.
That’s why I created this vegan skinny piña colada cocktail. It’s loaded with natural sweetness from the banana and this whole cocktail clocks in with less than 150 calories. Not too shabby!
You’ll Love Vegan Skinny Piña Colada Cocktail
Although a traditional piña colada cocktail doesn’t have a banana included, I added one just so I could make this extra creamy. Because in my book extra creamy = extra good!
And lately I’ve been so conscientious about sugar. I want to get all the deliciousness out of life without a lot of added refined sugars. I find I feel a lot better and I really like feeling good.
Here’s another thing I want to tell you — I’ve never been a fan of the pineapple. That meant if you got to the fruit salad after me, you’d be stuck with a lot of it because I’m a picker. Oh yes, and a grinner as well.
But one thing I’ve learned is that fresh pineapple is way better than anything out of a can. And they’re beautiful too! I will buy fresh pineapple and let it sit on the counter, like a centerpiece, until it ripens. Then I’ll remove the skin, chop it up and freeze it. That’s the only way to eat pineapple in my book.
So, this recipe calls for fresh pineapple, a banana, and I use coconut extract. Of course, you could use coconut milk, but it will increase the calories and fat. And if you’re ok with that, I say go for it! But I’m one of the majority of people who have to watch their weight so I’d rather use unsweetened almond milk and a little bit of coconut extract.
Finally, add a little bit of ice and blend that all in a blender and you’ve got a nice, frothy, delicious vegan skinny piña colada cocktail!
You Can Go Your Own Way
I love sharing recipes like this vegan skinny piña colada cocktail. But if you’re like me, you like to play around with a recipe—make it your own! Yes, I’m all for that. If you’d like some ideas to get you started, here’s how I would make this recipe in some different directions:
- Add some cocoa powder to add a little chocolate flavoring to this cocktail
- Add a tablespoon or two of coconut flakes before pulsing
- You can make this a refreshing smoothie without alcohol by skipping that part and just using the coconut extract
- Try topping it with Coconut Whipped Cream
- How about adding some tropical fruits like mango
- I could also see myself drizzling this delicious Vegan Date Caramel Sauce over the top
Do you see where I’m going with all this? There’s no one way to make a vegan skinny piña colada cocktail. Play around with the recipe and see what suits your soul!
Vegan Skinny Piña Colada Cocktail
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks (or one 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, in juice)
- 1 ripe banana , medium
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk , or as desired for consistency (or your favorite milk; coconut milk is excellent here)
- 1 1/2 ounces Coconut Rum , optional
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or sweetener of your choice , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 2 cups Crushed Ice
- Mint leaves and fresh cherries for garnishing , optional
- Add pineapple chunks, banana, almond milk, coconut rum (if using), sweetener (if using), and coconut extract (if using) in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Take a quick taste and see if you want to add anything, like more sweetener.
- Once the flavor is right, add the crushed ice and pulse until smooth and frothy texture forms.
- Serve in cocktail glasses. Garnish with mint leaves, fresh cherries, or pineapple pieces. Umbrellas add a nice touch, too.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
National Piña Colada Day!
Hey, y’all, I’ve got some great news! Today is National Piña Colada Day and I’ve partnered with some of my favorite national food day food blog friends to bring you a whole bunch of piña colada recipes. You know, so we could all celebrate! Some of these recipes are not vegan. Just send me a note if you’d like ideas for veganizing them. Otherwise, enjoy!
Piña Coladas mean it’s time to celebrate summer. That’s one reason I’m so happy about this National Pina Colada Day. Join the fun by following this #nationalpinacoladaday on social media today!
- Vegan Greens Piña Colada Smoothie by Namely Marly
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Ashlee Marie
- Tropical Piña Colada Cupcakes via Life Made Simple
- Look at this Piña Colada Pie from the Real Mom Kitchen
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Baker Upstairs
- Vegan Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Gunnysack
- Oh, and this Piña Colada Bread thanks to Creations by Kara
- Piña Colada Grilled Pineapple by Hey Grill, Hey
- Check out these Piña Colada Popsicles by Gather for Bread
- Piña Colada Temblque (Pudding) by Food with Family
- Vegan Piña Colada Crumble by Beaming Banana
- How about this Vegan Piña Colada Cake by My Whole Foodie Life
- Pineapple Red Velvet Dessert Bars by Namely Marly
Whatever cherry dessert you’re preparing to dig into, enjoy!