Smooth and creamy, you’ll love this Vegan Skinny Pina Colada Cocktail. I make it with less than 10 ingredients, and no refined sugars. That’s right. It’s naturally sweetened and another bonus? It comes in at less than 150 calories!
This is a dreamy, creamy Vegan Skinny Pina Colada Cocktail. I’m also sharing even more piña colada recipes from some of my favorite food blog friends too! If you like the pineapple and the coconut (and yes, a little lime too), you will love my Vegan Pina Colada Smoothie recipe too!
I have never really been much of a drinker. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, if I had the kind of self control about chocolate like I do with alcohol, my jeans would fit better.
What I have learned though, is that I like alcoholic beverages more when they’re not so sweet. I mean, seriously, some cocktails are off the charts sweet!
That’s why I created this vegan skinny pina colada cocktail. It’s loaded with natural sweetness from the banana and this whole cocktail clocks in with less than 150 calories. Not too shabby!
You’ll Love Vegan Skinny Pina Colada Cocktail
Although a traditional pina colada cocktail doesn’t have a banana included, I added one just so I could make this extra creamy. Because in my book extra creamy = extra good!
And lately I’ve been so conscientious about sugar. I want to get all the deliciousness out of life without a lot of added refined sugars. I find I feel a lot better and I really like feeling good.
Here’s another thing I want to tell you — I’ve never been a fan of the pineapple. That meant if you got to the fruit salad after me, you’d be stuck with a lot of it because I’m a picker. Oh yes, and a grinner as well.
But one thing I’ve learned is that fresh pineapple is way better than anything out of a can. And they’re beautiful too! I will buy a fresh pineapple and let it sit on the counter, like a centerpiece, until it ripens. Then I’ll remove the skin, chop it up and freeze it. That’s the only way to eat pineapple in my book.
So, this recipe calls for fresh pineapple, a banana, and I use coconut extract. Of course you could use coconut milk, but it will increase the calories and fat. And if you’re ok with that, I say go for it! But I’m one of the majority of people who have to watch their weight so I’d rather use unsweetened almond milk and a little bit of coconut extract.
Finally, add a little bit of ice and blend that all in a blender and you’ve got a nice, frothy, delicious vegan skinny pina colada cocktail!
You Can Go Your Own Way
I love sharing recipes like this vegan skinny pina colada cocktail. But if you’re like me, you like to play around with a recipe—make it your own! Yes, I’m all for that. If you’d like some ideas to get you started, here’s how I would take this recipe in some different directions:
- Add some cocoa powder to add a little chocolate flavoring to this cocktail
- Add a tablespoon or two of coconut flakes before pulsing
- You can make this a refreshing smoothie without alcohol by skipping that part and just using the coconut extract
- Try topping it with Coconut Whipped Cream
- How about adding some tropical fruits like mango
- I could also see myself drizzling this delicious Vegan Date Caramel Sauce over the top
Do you see where I’m going with all this? There’s no one way to make a vegan skinny pina colada cocktail. Play around with the recipe and see what suits your soul!
We hope you love this vegan Skinny Pina Colada Cocktail as much as we do. If you decide to make the recipe, take a photo, share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram. We LOVE seeing your creations!
Vegan Skinny Pina Colada Cocktail
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks (or one 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, in juice)
- 1 ripe banana , medium
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk , or as desired for consistency (or your favorite milk; coconut milk is excellent here)
- 1 1/2 ounces Coconut Rum , optional
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or sweetener of your choice , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 2 cups Crushed Ice
- Mint leaves and fresh cherries for garnishing , optional
- Add pineapple chunks, banana, almond milk, coconut rum (if using), sweetener (if using), and coconut extract (if using) in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Take a quick taste and see if you want to add anything, like more sweetener.
- Once the flavor is right, add the crushed ice and pulse until smooth and frothy texture forms.
- Serve in cocktail glasses. Garnish with mint leaves, fresh cherries, or pineapple pieces. Umbrellas add a nice touch too.
National Pina Colada Day!
Hey, y’all, I’ve got some great news! Today is National Pina Colada Day and I’ve partnered with some of my favorite national food day food blog friends to bring you a whole bunch of pina colada recipes. You know, so we could all celebrate! Some of these recipes are not vegan. Just send me a note if you’d like ideas for veganizing them. Otherwise, enjoy!
Pina Coladas means it’s time to celebrate summer! That’s one reason I’m so happy about this National Pina Colada Day. Join the fun by following this #nationalpinacoladaday on social media today!
Vegan Greens Pina Colada Smoothie by Namely Marly
Pina Colada Ice Cream by Ashlee Marie
Tropical Pina Colada Cupcakes via Life Made Simple
Look at this Pina Colada Pie from the Real Mom Kitchen
Pina Colada Cupcakes by The Baker Upstairs
Vegan Pina Colada Cupcakes by The Gunnysack
Oh, and this Pina Colada Bread thanks to Creations by Kara
Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple by Hey Grill, Hey
Check out these Pina Colada Popsicles by Gather for Bread
Pina Colada Temblque (Pudding) by Food with Family
Vegan Pina Colada Crumble by Beaming Banana
How about this Vegan Pina Colada Cake by My Whole Foodie Life
Pineapple Red Velvet Dessert Bars by Namely Marly
Whatever cherry dessert you’re preparing to dig into, enjoy!