Is it hard to imagine a tasty vegan chicken parmesan sandwich covered with marinara sauce and smothered with melted vegan mozzarella? If so, you’re probably not alone. But I’m here to show you just how hearty and delicious this vegan sandwich can be!
I’m a big fan of vegan sandwiches. If you are too, you might want to check out my post on the Top Vegan Sandwiches, featuring some of my own recipes alongside other awesome food blogger recipes!
There are some sandwiches that I believe people are skeptical about veganizing. The vegan parmesan chicken sandwich just happens to be one of them.
You’ll love this vegan chicken parmesan sandwich, made quick, easy and tasty! It’s perfect to make for game-day or any day you want a delicious hoagy-style sandwich! Vegan Sandwiches take on a tasty flair today!
Making Vegan Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
First of all, you’ll need a batch of my favorite vegan chicken parmesan patties. In fact, they’re so good, I recommend making a double batch and freezing some so you’ll have them ready at moment’s notice.
Here’s the list of ingredients:
- one batch of Vegan Chicken Parmesan Patties
- marinara sauce
- vegan mozzarella
- 6 dairy-free buns
To Toast or Not to Toast
The toughest decision with these sandwiches is whether or not to toast the buns. We usually toast our buns, but it’s perfectly fine with untested buns too.
Some other ideas for this recipe:
- Add a dollop of vegan mayo to the bun
- Sprinkle some fresh or dried basil
- Serve it with additional marinara sauce for dipping
- Add a slice of avocado on top of the melted cheese
The list goes on! What are your favorite vegan sandwich toppings?
Do you love vegan sandwiches? Yes? Well, then you might want to check out my Ultimate Veggie Burger recipe. It’s the ultimate in indulgence! Or how about my Vegan Egg Salad? Does that seem like a conflict of terms? It might be, but this sandwich is a favorite of vegans and non-vegans alike! Of course, there’s also my Vegan BBQ Lentil Meatball Sandwich with Slaw. Truly delicious!
I have a secret to share with you. All those sandwiches were really tasty, but this one is just as great…with half the work!
I hope you love this Vegan Parmesan Chicken Sandwich as much as we do! The you make it, be sure and snap a photo and use #namelymarly to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing your photos!
Vegan Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- 1 batch Vegan Chicken Parmesan
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 8 dairy-free buns
- Follow the instructions to make Vegan Chicken Parmesan, including making the patties, breading them, and baking them.
- When the breaded patties are done baking, top each with a dollop of marinara and vegan mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Toast the buns in the oven until cut sides are toasted.
- Place one vegan chicken parmesan pattie on each bottom bun and then top with a top side of the bun. Serve immediately.
- To store, place sandwiches in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. These can be frozen for up to 1 month. To serve, cook in a microwave for about one minute and then transfer to a toaster oven to allow breading to get crispy.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.