Make this perfectly crispy Whiskey Pancakes recipe for your next breakfast treat! The best breakfast-any-time-of-day recipe, pancakes, and whiskey may seem like a funny combination, but it works! This recipe is a sultry, smooth addition to your pancake recipe repertoire.
Look, you can have breakfast at any time of the day. I happen to love breakfast for dinner. When we make breakfast for dinner, it usually includes pancakes, tofu scramble, and hash browns. It’s the BEST.
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Baking powder + Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Plant-based milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- Ground flaxseed
- Vegetable oil
- Coconut oil
How to Make Whiskey Pancakes
- Stir together the dry ingredients, such as flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugars.
- Combine and stir the wet ingredients, like the plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, ground flaxseed, cornstarch, water, and vegetable oil.
- Make the batter by pouring the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the whiskey.
- Make pancakes by pouring the batter on a heated, oiled skillet. Cook until the pancake bubbles and the edges lift.
- Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until golden brown. Continue with the remaining batter until all the pancakes are done.
Serve whiskey pancakes with vegan butter and maple syrup…because pancakes with butter and syrup are the best.
Store pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 to 7 days. To freeze pancakes, place them on a tray and freeze them for around 30 minutes, then transfer to a freezer bag. They will keep for up to 2 months.
Use these expert tips to make this pancake recipe plus some tasty jack daniels syrup perfect every time! You’ll love these adaptations too:
- Add a tablespoon or two of whiskey to maple syrup to create the ultimate Jack Daniels maple syrup to pour over your pancakes. I mean, a good whiskey syrup recipe? Come on!
- Add some vanilla extract for a vanilla boost.
- Add a dollop of Vegan Whipped Cream for some extra fancy deliciousness because syrup and pancakes topped with whipped cream is amazing!
- Sprinkle a few pieces of bacon-flavored almond slivers on top
You can serve these Whiskey Pancakes fresh from the skillet on a Saturday morning. But you can also make a double batch on the weekend so you can enjoy them all week long! That way you can enjoy pancakes with syrup any day of the week!
The Best Whiskey Pancakes
All you need to do is look at the pictures above and you’ll see everything there is to love about these pancakes. If you like the woody flavor of whiskey, you’ll love vegan whiskey pancakes that are a little crispy on the edges, while tender and soft and tasty on the inside. Serving it with oodles of maple syrup helps, too.
Syrup and pancakes go together.
Adee describes this as the perfect pancake. It tastes like the crispy pancakes you’d get at Cracker Barrel or IHOP. So skip IHOP and make these vegan whiskey pancakes for yourself. YAS!
Also, I know whiskey can be spelled in different ways. What I’ve read is the Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey. Guess what? My last name is McMillen which means I’m a little bit of both so, either way, I spell it works.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups plant based milk*
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup whiskey
- 2 – 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugars. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, ground flax seed, cornstarch, water, and vegetable oil. Stir to combine.
- Gradually add the plant-based milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. It’s ok if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Add the whiskey and stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add a little bit of coconut oil (like a half teaspoon or sto the skillet). As it melts be sure it coats the pan. Pour about a quarter cup of the batter at a time on the heated skillet. Cook on one side until the pancake bubbles and the edges lift. That’s a sign to flip the pancakes. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes.
- Cook on the other side until golden brown. Continue with the remaining batter until all the pancakes are done.
- Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you like vegan pancakes, you’ll want to see these:
- Super Simple Vegan Pancakes by Cookie + Kate
- Healthy Three Ingredient Vegan Pancakes by Sweet Simple Vegan
- Vegan Gluten-Free Pancakes by Simple Vegan Blog
- Or how about these Vegan Blueberry Pancakes by yours truly!
Whatever crispy pancake you’re sticking a fork in, enjoy!