Try this extra chocolatey and delicious Thick Vegan Chocolate Shake to get your desserts lighter and still delicious.
I used to love ice cream. I could eat it every day, but of course I didn’t. Well, maybe I did if you count small bowls too. Anyway, I found it just a bit ironic that ice cream was the very thing that tipped me off to a dairy intolerance. After eating some particularly creamy ice cream I felt some pain in my stomach. Then I had some more of that creamy ice cream a few days later and sure enough I noticed the pain again.
It was not an easy thing to give up, but I’m not a big fan of pain so the ice cream had to go.
I’m not a fan of feeling deprived either. So that means it didn’t take long before I began to experiment with making vegan versions of my favorite ice cream treats. Take this chocolate shake. (Ok. Don’t mind if I do!)
I combined plant-based milk with some vanilla non-dairy frozen ice cream and voila! I had a shake on the making!
I added a little vegan whipped topping to top off the sweet treat. Much better than a pain in the stomach if you ask me!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Thick Vegan Chocolate Shake
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup vanilla dairy-free ice cream
- 1 – 2 cups ice cubes
- ½ cup frozen banana
- Vegan Whipped Topping optional, but fun!
- In a blender add the milk, cocoa powder, vegan ice cream, ice cubes, and frozen banana. My blender has an “ice crusher” speed so I used that to get the mixture nice and frothy.
- Then blend on high for a minute or so until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with vegan whipped topping and/or chocolate syrup.
Disclaimer: I was provided 8th Continent Soymilk for review. The opinions shared on this site are my own.