Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipes create a delicious treat! This healthy cookie recipe combines favorite ingredients like peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips to make a perfect, tender eggless cookie every time! This thick and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is the best. Gluten-free flour can be substituted to make these into gluten-free cookies.
There may be fifty ways to leave your lover, according to Paul Simon, but there’s at least fifty thousand ways to make a chocolate chip cookie.
Seriously. And I don’t know about you, but I love the variety. That’s why I had to find a way to make these easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies vegan.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
When I first set out to make these homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I had only one thing in mind: oatmeal. There’s a nice, wholesome flavor that comes from adding oatmeal to cookies and I thought doing that with chocolate chips would make a good cookie.
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are the steps to make the best vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookies:
Step One: Cream the Butter and Sugars
Use a mixer to cream together the vegan butter and sugars for 1 – 2 minutes. Then add the peanut butter and beat some more until light and fluffy. Here’s my favorite article explaining why it’s important to whip vegan butter with sugar when making cookies.
Add the vanilla, ground flaxseed, cornstarch and water and use the mixer to combine it all. These are eggless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and the ground flaxseed and cornstarch are serving as the egg replacer.
Step Two: Combine Dry Ingredients
Either scoot the wet ingredients to one side of the bowl (to make these into one-bowl cookies) or in a separate bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step Three: Create the Batter
Add the flour mixture in with the butter mixture and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and dried cranberries. Stir to combine to create the finished chocolate chips oatmeal dough.
Step Four: Drop and Bake
Use a cookie scooper to drop rounded spoonfuls of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 9 – 10 minutes in a preheated oven.
Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for about 1 minute on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Use these tips and tricks to make these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies no eggs perfect every time:
- This recipe calls for vegan butter. That’s one way to make oat cookies vegan! I used Earth Balance buttery sticks.
- Use softened butter, by leaving the butter out on the counter about 30 minutes before baking
- I prefer using creamy peanut butter (not the natural kind that has to be stirred) for baking
- Use gluten-free flour to make gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Is it possible to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without eggs? Absolutely! This recipe uses a “flax egg”. See the recipe below.
- Substitute golden raisins instead of the dried cranberries to make oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon for some variety
- Try some chopped pecans instead of walnuts
- See my Dairy-free Chocolate Chip Guide for information on where to purchase a vegan chocolate chip package
You can really be adventurous with these vegan oatmeal choc chip cookies. We like serving them with some vanilla-flavored soy milk, but you could use almond milk too. Or they’re good straight from the pan…just make sure you give them some time to cool off a bit.
The mixture of the chocolate, oatmeal, and dried cranberries (I call them craisins), makes this one of the best vegan chocolate oatmeal cookies ever!
Love Vegan Cookies?
If you’re into soft vegan cookies, check these out:
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies are made from a mix!
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies with gooey melted chocolate chips in every bite
- Of course, you can’t go wrong with the tried and true soft Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies as well…vegan choc chip cookies are so good!
- And, for a change of pace, try this amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- And these Vegan Pecan Cookies are pretty tasty too!
Of course, don’t forget these easy vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies too!
Well, that’s all there is with this lovely recipe for Dairy free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter 1 stick, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 starchy flax egg 1 T ground flax, 1 T cornstarch, 3 T water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- Combine the sugars, vegan butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Use a mixer or beat by hand until smooth and creamy.
- Add the starry flax egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Move the wet ingredients to one side and in the other side of the bowl combine the oatmeal, flour and baking soda. Stir together. Then stir the whole bowl, stirring until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and dried cranberries. Stir to combine.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. (I like to add additional chocolate chips and walnut pieces to the top of each cookie ball). Bake for 9 – 10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (although these cookies are very nice warm).
Whatever cookie you’re dipping in you almond milk, enjoy!