This healthy Vegan Butter Pecan Cookies recipe creates a buttery and lightly sweetened cookie made with coconut sugar. Pecan Sugar Cookies have the flavors of a pecan pie! Serve these vegan cookies with a tall glass of almond milk!
It’s definitely a great time of year for making butter pecan cookie recipes! And when it’s National Cookie Day, there’s even more reason to celebrate. In fact, below I’m sharing some amazing cookie recipes from some of my favorite food blogging friends!
But for now, let’s talk vegan pecan butter cookies. You have to love recipes for pecan cookies because they’re so easy and delicious!
I have another reason to love these buttery cookies because you can taste the flavors of my favorite dessert, Vegan Pecan Pie!
Have you ever toasted pecans and ate one like that? It brings out a whole new flavor in the pecans. I highly recommend it
How to Make Vegan Pecan Cookies
Let’s talk about how to make these cookies. The first step in the best pecan cookie recipes is to bake the pecans. If you’re like me, you look at a recipe and wonder what steps you can skip. Toasting pecans would have definitely been on my “meh” list at one time, but I want to urge you to give it a try.
Toasting chopped pecans first will make your cookies with pecans taste amazing!
Trust me, you want singing pecans! 🙂
Also, I used a little bit of peanut butter in this recipe. I think it brings out a nice complementary flavory to the pecans. Besides, I like it when I can find alternatives, healthier fats to use in my recipes.
One more thing about peanut butter — be sure to use the regular, creamy kind. If you find yourself buying the natural kind that you have to stir before eating, that’s great. I buy that stuff too. But I keep a tub of the creamy kind on hand for baking. It works much better.
My only problem? Staying out of it!
Do I Need To Chill the Dough?
Yes! I call for putting the dough in the freezer a little bit before baking. It makes a difference in helping these cookies hold their form.
The other thing I’d like to point out is baking time. I recommend baking these easy pecan cookies for 8 – 9 minutes per batch. That’s because I want a crunchy exterior, but nice and tender in the middle. If you want it crunchy throughout, then bake them for a little longer. They’ll be perfect to dunk into a tall glass of almond milk!
I also use coconut sugar in this recipe. I think it adds a nice caramel-like flavor to the cookies and I love that coconut sugar has a better glycemic index level. That means it won’t cause as high of a spike in blood sugar responses.
You can hand mix this batch of chewy butter pecan cookies or feel free to use a mixer. It works great either way!
Expert Tips for Pecan Cookies
I love changing a recipe to make it my own. I encourage you to do the same! Here are some ideas for making this recipe perfect every time:
- Add some cinnamon to the batter to make it extra spicy
- Or forget the cinnamon and add some ginger
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to make vegan cinnamon cookies
- Make sure to leave some pecans so you can press some onto the tops of the cookie dough balls
- I love to freeze the dough balls so I can make a fresh batch any ol’ time
- I’m trying to imagine these cookies with a little chocolate drizzle over the top and that’s making me smile…so it must be a good thing
- Make these vegan pecan pie cookies gluten-free by using gluten-free baking flour.
There ya go! Play around with it, or use these ideas, and you’ll have a perfect cookie for you! I think these best Pecan Cookies from scratch served on a tray with my Vegan Peanut Butter Balls would be divine!
Best Vegan Cookies
Clearly, you love a delicious vegan cookie. Here are more of my favorite cookie recipes to satisfy your cookie passions:
- If you love a tasty breakfast cookie, be sure to try these vegan biscotti cookies are the best
- For another crispy cookie, try these vegan shortbread cookies
- We love these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies as a go-to cookie
- Of course, you can never go wrong with these chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies!
Whatever cookie you’re making, be sure to serve them with this tasty pecan milk!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Pecan Cookies as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or Twitter. We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ cup Vegan Butter
- ½ cup Peanut Butter , creamy (not natural variety)
- 1 cup Brown Coconut Sugar , packed
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Heat your oven to 300F.
- Place chopped pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until toasted. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the vegan butter, peanut butter, coconut sugar, molasses, chia seeds, milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Use a spatula and combine thoroughly, stirring until light and fluffy. You can use a mixer for this step if you’d like. Refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir to combine. Add cooled chopped pecans and stir until pecans are coated.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Cover with foil or plastic and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat up to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie dispenser to scoop out equal sizes of cookie dough, then use your hands to roll into balls. Place 2″ apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 9 minutes, until golden on the outside. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely. Cookies will firm up as they cool
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
National Cookie Day
Today is an extra special day, because it’s National Cookie Day! And I think we should celebrate! To make it more fun than ever, I teamed up with some pretty awesome food blogging friends to share with you a whole bunch of cookie day recipes!
I realize some of these recipes may not be vegan, so don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you’d like help veganizing them. But, let’s all celebrate the holiday together!
Decadent Cookie Recipes
- Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies by Life Made Simple
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Florentine Lace Cookies by Ashlee Marie
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Maple Shortbread Cookies by Hey Grill Hey
- Vegan Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- M&M Chocolate Christmas Cookies via Creations by Kara
- Vegan Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Buried Chocolate Cherry Cookies thanks to 365 Days of Crockpots
- Vegan Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies by the Baker Upstairs
- Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies