Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread. It’s vegan. Easy. Ahh-worthy.
Today we’re actually celebrating something kind of fun. My friend, Courtney (the Neighbor Food Blog) is having a baby and so we’re throwing her a virtual baby shower.
Virtual means no makeup required. That’s my kind of party!
And no silly baby shower games either. If you want all the diaper pins on the planet in exchange for allowing me to say “I”, you got ’em. That way I don’t have to walk around saying “Me want some punch.”
Here’s the other folks that are celebrating Courtney’s baby in the making too! Check out these fabulous baby shower treats!
3. Spicy Tahini Palmiers from Food Lust People Love
4. Cream Soda Peach Floats from Jelly Toast
5. Button Cookies from The Redhead Baker
6. No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream A Cookie Named Desire
7. Coconut Peach Slush from Heather’s Dish
8. Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Pie from Melanie Makes
9. Watermelon Lime Mocktail from The Live-In Kitchen
10. Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread from Namely Marly
11. Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca from Pineapple and Coconut
12. Easy Apple Tart from gotta get baked
And special thanks to Nancy Seto for making this virtual shower happen!
What You’ll Love About this Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
Look, I’m not the first one to come up with a cheesy bread recipe. This one just happens to be vegan. And for those of you that turn your nose at vegan cheese, that’s ok. You don’t have to eat it.
But if you’ve got a hankering for a crusty, toasty loaf, with tender insides and a buttery, garlic flavor, topped with green onions and melted, creamy, vegan cheese? Well, this might be the recipe for you.
And if you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, well, this recipe might be for you as well.
And if you don’t want to spend hours in the grocery store looking for highfalutin ingredients, this recipe might be for you…for sure! Of course, some people might consider vegan cheese a little on the falutin side, but I live in Missouri (I grew up in a town of 1,000 people) and I can find vegan cheese at nearly every grocery store in a 20 mile radius. You can even buy it online too. So vegan cheese is getting more and more accessible. Yay!
So, there you have it. A Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread recipe that’s easy to make and oh-so-delicious to eat.
I highly recommend taking this to your next family dinner or social gathering. You know, like a baby shower!
The downside? You have to share it this loaf with others.
The upside? You get to listen to the oohs and ahhhs as people dive in. They’ll never even know it’s vegan.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. If you decide to give it a try, why not take a photo and share it using #namelymarly on Instagram and Twitter? We love seeing your photos!
- 1 round loaf store-bought bread
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces vegan white cheese (mozzarella, jack, etc), sliced thinly
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Heat your oven to 350F. Prepare your baking sheet by covering it with a generous piece of aluminum foil.
- Get out your bread and create vertical and horizontal cuts (using a serrated knife works best), cutting through just to the bottom of the crust (but not through the crust).
- In a bowl combine the margarine, garlic and salt. Stir to combine. Use a butter knife and run it slowly through each slice, both horizontally and vertically to coat each piece.
- Insert cheese pieces throughout the bread slices as well, leaving some around the top for a nice, melted cheese look when your loaf is done. Sprinkle the top with onion slices.
- Place the loaf on your prepared baking sheet. Get another piece of foil and cover the bread, sealing it to the piece of foil on the pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and carefully remove the top piece of foil. Return the pan to the oven and bake for until 10 minutes or so, until the bread has toasted edges and the cheese has melted.