Tis the season for festivities! You know, like office holiday parties, book reading club secret santa gatherings, family dinners, and more. Notice how all my holiday stuff centers around food? Notice I don’t mention shopping? That’s because shopping is (as Jimmy Fallon would say) EW! I would much rather talk about food. Vegan Queso Dip is a great example. It’s creamy, delicious, and oh-so-easy to make. Yep. That’s way better than shopping!
I have been a fan of the dip ever since I was young enough to say it. I don’t know when a word like “dip” first falls from a toddler’s mouth, but I have a theory. Most of us start with sounds like “dada” and everyone thinks we’re calling out to our dads. Sure, that’s what the men in the world want us to believe. But I know better! I think these little tikes are actually trying to say the word “dip” but it just comes out funny. That’s just how strong our desire to take a triangular piece of fried dough and dip it into creamy sauce is.
It’s biological, people. We can’t argue with that!
Did I tell you that making this Vegan Queso Dip is super easy? Well, it is. In right around 10 minutes, you can have this delicious, creamy sauce ready for dipping. Of course, you can pour it too — as in pouring it over some nachos, or bean enchiladas, or burritos…should I go on?
What I Love About This Vegan Queso Dip
Look, I love healthy food just as much as any other vegan. It’s one of the main reasons I’m vegan – because I love feeling SO good! And I eat lots of healthy veggies, beans, super foods, you name it. I just also happen to like having some quick, convenient, and über tasty comfort food too. This Vegan Queso Dip is a new addition to my tasty comfort food list.
When my daughter tried it, she said it tasted just like the Queso Sauce at a local mexican restaurant. [Insert a pleased grin on her mother’s face here.]
So, here’s a confession. Another thing I love just about as much as healthy food, is making dishes that make other people happy. When someone takes a bite of some food I’ve prepared and they say, “This is vegan?” And they follow it up with, “If I could eat food that tasted this good I’d definitely be a vegan.” Well, that’s like my version of an academy award. I close my eyes and for a brief second imagine myself going up to accept my award in front of a cheering crowd. “I’d like to thank everyone who tasted and loved that Vegan Queso Dip as much as we did. It was a labor of love. Sure, it was only 10 minutes, but, well, you know, it was heartfelt.”
And speaking of 10 minutes, I love that I can have this ready so quickly. If at the last minute we decide to invite some friends to come over and play ping pong on the weekend, I can have this dip ready to go, displayed nicely on the kitchen counter, and still have the energy for some fearsome ping pong doubles. If you haven’t played doubles ping pong, you don’t know what you’re missing.
- Scoop the vegan cream cheese into a microwave save bowl and microwave for about 11 seconds. Remove and stir and repeat until the sauce is smooth and stirs easily.
- Pour the green chile enchilada sauce over the melted cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the nutritional yeast flakes and garlic powder. Stir until everything is combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips as a dip or pour over chips (for nachos).
There are so many inspirational Queso Dips out there I’d love to share with you. Here are a few:
- Ali’s Two Ingredient Queso Dip on Gimme Some Oven — looks so good!
- There’s also the White Chili Bean Queso Dip Recipe on Tidy Mom which I’m raring to veganize!
- How about this Spicy Southwest Queso Dip on I Wash You Dry? I’m always ready for some spicy!
- The lovely Dana of Minimalist Baker shares her Cashew-less Vegan Queso Dip. Ooh la la!
- And of course there’s this smoky Vegan Queso Dip by Fork and Beans. I want to dive right into that dip!
- You might also like to try this Velvet Vegan Cheese Sauce by yours truly, if you’d like to veganize some queso dip recipe you have on hand.
Whatever recipe you’re inspired by, I hope you truly enjoy!!