You will love this baked vegan nachos recipe for busy, delicious weeknight dinners! And don’t forget tasty weekend snack time! Need a quick, easy, and delicious appetizer? Want a comfort-food satisfying meal? These plant-based easy nachos are for you! Enjoy taco-spiced veggie crumbles, vegan cheese, jalapeños and more!
My cousin used to make nachos by adding a little refried beans and cheese over individual tortilla chips and heating that in the oven until the cheese melted. I remember thinking that was pretty good stuff.
Of course, today I’ve taken my nachos game up a notch (pardon the pun)! These vegan baked nachos are SO easy to make and a go-to favorite when you’re ready for some tasty comfort food!
How to Make Baked Vegan Nachos
You’ll need a few ingredients on hand to make these vegan nachos, such as:
- tortilla chips (baked or fried)
- veggie crumbles
- taco seasoning
- black beans
- purple cabbage
- vegan sour cream (or plain coconut/soy yogurt)
- red onions
- fresh or frozen corn
- vegan cheese
That’s it! Simply place the tortillas in a baking dish and then top with taco-seasoned veggie crumbles, black beans, and the corn. Those are the hearty, main ingredients. Sprinkle with vegan cheeses and bake in preheated oven until the cheese is nice and melty.
While the nachos are baking, make your avocado cream by combining avocado with the vegan sour cream to create an avocado sauce. I like to add a little bit of salt and pepper here as well.
Then when the nachos come out of the oven add sliced cabbage, sliced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, chopped red onions, and frozen corn. And then drizzle with that creamy avocado sauce. Be sure to spread the toppings equally across the top so every bite is delicious!
What Toppings to put on Nachos?
You can put any number of toppings on baked nachos, like taco flavored veggie crumbles, shredded purple cabbage, fat-free refried beans, corn, sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, vegan cheese and more! I particularly love adding corn salsa because of the delicious flavors and textures it adds to my tacos.
In this vegan baked nachos recipe, I’ve added sliced red cabbage. Sometimes I will make a sweet slaw recipe and add that to my nachos. There’s something about the flavor of sweet and salty that gets me going every time!
But the goal with this vegan nachos recipe was to keep things simple. You want this recipe done fast and delicious! I get you!
What Goes Well with Nachos?
Serve your nachos with margaritas, black bean dip, a Mexican-themed soup, sliced avocados, Spanish rice, and more. I always make sure I have some thinly chopped greens nearby because I like to put those over my nachos as well.
I love serving baked vegan nachos with a Hibiscus Margarita. It’s not overly sweet like most margaritas, which is why I like this recipe so much! Besides, hibiscus is loaded with antioxidants! If you want an alcohol-free version, try my Hibiscus Fruit Punch recipe instead.
Can Nachos Be Healthy?
Some people believe nachos cannot be healthy because of the fried tortilla chips and high-fat, animal-based toppings like beef and cheese. However, you can make vegan baked nachos that are healthy and delicious!
Of course, you can used baked tortilla chips to avoid deep-fried tortilla chips. Then add on the plant-based toppings (see above) to make your baked vegan nachos a healthy part of your diet!
You know, we love this delicious Baked Vegan Nachos recipe. We hope you will too. Think you’re gonna make it? Hey, be sure and have your phone handy and grab a photo. Then share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram. We are head over heals for your photos!
- 2 cups veggie crumbles
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 15-ounce can black beans , drained
- 1 cup corn , frozen
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- ½ cup vegan jalapeño havarti cheese
- ½ cup red cabbage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- ½ avocado
- Heat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the veggie crumbles with the taco seasoning. If the crumbles are frozen, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or so and then stir to combine the seasonings. Add more if your prefer more flavor.
- Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Top with veggie crumble mixture, black beans, corn, and shredded vegan cheeses.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 5 - 7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- As the nachos are baking, chop the cabbage into thin strips, chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters, dice the onion, and thinly slice the jalapeño (being careful not to touch the seeds with bare hands).
- In a small bowl mash the avocado and add the sour cream. Stir together.
- When the nachos are done, remove from the oven and serve immediately. Top with tomato, red cabbage, onion, jalapeno, and drizzle with creamy avocado mixture.
- Optional: Add chopped cilantro