This Best Vegan Mexican White Cheese Queso Recipe is a creamy vegan dip ready in 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients! Vegan Queso Blanco is best served with tortilla chips or it can be poured nacho style over chips. Pour this spreadable homemade queso dip over your favorite vegan burritos! There’s a reason it’s called the best queso recipe! Find out for yourself and make this quick, creamy, and nut-free vegan cheese sauce today
I have been a fan of the dip ever since I was young enough to say it.
I don’t know when a word like “dip” first falls from a toddler’s mouth, but I have a theory. Most of us start with sounds like “dada” and everyone thinks we’re calling out to our dads. Sure, that’s what the men in the world want us to believe. But I know better!
I think these little tikes are actually trying to say the word “dip” but it just comes out funny. That’s just how strong our desire to take a triangular piece of fried cornmeal and dip it into creamy sauce is.
It’s biological, people. We can’t argue with that!
This is the BEST Queso Recipe! Why? Because making Vegan Queso Dip is super easy! It takes around 5 minutes to make this delicious, creamy sauce ready for dipping. Of course, you can pour it too — as in pouring it over some nachos, or vegan enchiladas, or over a delicious Vegan Burrito. Should I go on?
How to Make Vegan Queso
If you’re wondering how to make queso dip, you’ve come to the right place. Some vegan queso recipes will call for a lot of ingredients, including nuts. However, it’s really easy to make my vegan queso fresco dip. You need only these 5 ingredients:
- vegan cream cheese
- green chili enchilada sauce
- nutritional yeast flakes
- garlic powder
Step One: Microwave Queso
You can make this tasty vegan cheese dip in a saucepan, but I go for an even simpler process — I call it microwave queso. Simply place the vegan cream cheese in a microwave-safe serving bowl, cover it, and heat it up in 10-second increments until soft and spreadable.
Step Two: Add Other Ingredients
Next, add the enchilada sauce. Stir to combine.
Then add the nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, and salt to taste. Stir this all together and voila! You’re done!
What is Queso?
Queso is basically a Mexican cheese sauce. It may be hard to imagine making that into a dairy-free cheese dip, but this recipe is proof that it’s not only possible, but delicious!
If you’re focused on carbs, you’ll love this vegan keto queso! Here’s the nutritional estimates per serving:
Calories: 144 Carbs: 9g Protein: 5g Fiber: 4g Net Carbs: 5g
Use these tips and tricks to make this vegetarian queso dip perfect every time:
- I used Tofutti’s dairy-free cream cheese. I can find this at health food stores, at Sprouts, and even in the health food section of my local grocery store
- Some other good vegan cream cheese options include: Daiya and Trader Joe’s. Be sure to buy the plain variety (not flavored)
- If you can’t find any of these available, you can make a homemade cashew cream cheese by soaking 1 cup cashews for 4- 8 hours, then drain the liquid, and add them to a high speed blender or food processor with 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Pulse until smooth (you may need to add a little more water to help them pulse). Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. This may not be as thick as store-bought vegan cream cheese, but it will work.
- If you want a thicker queso cheese dip, try using half of the can of green chili enchilada sauce
What I Love About Vegan Queso Blanco
You’ve probably seen lots of nacho cheese recipes. I even have a Sweet Potato Nacho Cheese recipe that I love. However, this Vegan Queso Dip recipe is a blanco (white) cheese dip. It’s a new addition to my favorite queso recipes! It’s also part of my go-to tasty comfort foods.
When my daughter tried it, she said it tasted just like the Queso Sauce at a local mexican restaurant. [Insert a pleased grin on her mother’s face here.]
Well, that’s like my version of an academy award. I close my eyes and for a brief second imagine myself going up to accept my award in front of a cheering crowd. “I’d like to thank everyone who tasted and loved that Vegan Queso Dip as much as we did. It was a labor of love. Sure, it was only 10 minutes, but, well, you know, it was heartfelt.”
That’s it for this tasty queso sauce recipe!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Queso Dip
- 8 oz package vegan cream cheese
- 10 oz can of Old El Paso Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Scoop the vegan cream cheese into a microwave save bowl and microwave for about 11 seconds. Remove and stir and repeat until the sauce is smooth and stirs easily.
- Pour the green chile enchilada sauce over the melted cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the nutritional yeast flakes and garlic powder. Stir until everything is combined. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips as a dip or pour over chips (for nachos).
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.